Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

PCV maps for V2K

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  klaus2016 
#1 ·
I saw the thread over in the 1700 section and thought it was a pretty good idea. Who here is running a Power Commander V or for that matter PCIII, since you can import PCIII maps to the PCV? I have a PCV with the AutoTune module on my 2008 Classic with the map that FuelMoto made for it. Odyssey Air kit, AIS is removed and Roadhouse 2 into 1 Classic exhaust. I live in Central Illinois so elevation is around 1000'.

Pulls like a freight train but still have a fair amount of popping on deceleration. Just finished putting on new exhaust gaskets and sealing all the joints with high temp silicone so we'll see how much that helps. I'd be happy to pass along my map if someone wants it. I also have several maps from the Power Commander web site for different set ups. -- Dave :cool:

#3 ·
Those are just "generic" maps.

your location (and even time of year) will have a lot to do with the map you run.

Even though I have a PCIII, I also have the LCD commander thingy.. I can change maps on the fly, depending on time of year, etc.

#6 ·
Smed: how much of a difference did the PC3 made?
I have it in my ears what Ponch said "it does not need a stinking fuel manager" but yours is an opinion I care to hear (other than adding chrome).
My beast has a cobra FI2000 (I think that's the name) fuel manager and I don't seem to feel any significant difference in power or pull, I do see a difference in lower fuel mileage.
I have run it with and without for at least several months and have it disconnected at the time, even considering selling it or passing it along.

The only experience I have is with Dobek and that one really help the feel of the previous bike (VN 1600), cus mine had the FI2000 I felt bad striping the 1600 off the Dobek cus it was going to my brother.

#10 ·
That's why I put the LCD unit on. Having the PCIII, I can't use the auto tune module :(

I live south of Houston, right on the Gulf. Had the bike dyno'd in the month of June. Nice and warm and humid.

Back in.. hmm... 2013? I rode the bike up into Arkansas in late March. Cool crisp Air. I had to adjust the fuel ratio.

Having it auto tune itself would be nice

Smed: how much of a difference did the PC3 made?
I have it in my ears what Ponch said "it does not need a stinking fuel manager" but yours is an opinion I care to hear (other than adding chrome).
My beast has a cobra FI2000 (I think that's the name) fuel manager and I don't seem to feel any significant difference in power or pull, I do see a difference in lower fuel mileage.
I have run it with and without for at least several months and have it disconnected at the time, even considering selling it or passing it along.

The only experience I have is with Dobek and that one really help the feel of the previous bike (VN 1600), cus mine had the FI2000 I felt bad striping the 1600 off the Dobek cus it was going to my brother.
Yea.. I know he said that. But he's the ONLY one I've ever known to say that. I've always heard if you change both the intake and pipes, you need to regulate the fuel ratio. And it makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.