Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Mutazu RS Hardbags?

33K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  Jim Dix 
#1 ·
Has anybody out there tried the Mutazu RS Hardbags? I am thinking of going that route due to their very large size. However, if a forum member could shed a little light on how they look mounted and any pros / cons it would be much appreciated.

KD

#37 ·
I see that now that I enlarged the pic. I have considered the Mutazu Bags for the V2K but It just not that high on the list of things to get yet. This winter a crash bar and windshield is on the list. have a set of saddleman throw-over bags that I used some other hardware to mount them to the bike to get by with. Its a work in progress but I had to have something for storage.

#38 ·
This is an LT so I had the OEM bags on there and they were plenty adequate, especially with the tour pak. BUT, they looked stupid with the Tour Pak, and having locking bags is nice too.

#40 ·
I think that's what I'm gonna do. I got these second hand so I got a good deal, otherwise I was gonna go with the RS. But, with the tour pak, I have plenty of storage honestly, and these just look better with the tour pak. (But the RS bags, I think, look better than these without it)

#43 ·
OK fellas,
I got the wires ran for running/brake lights. Brake lights work great;)
Running lights Inop (yes, I am hooked to the red wire). Any ideas:confused:

KD
Ken, have you put a volt meter to one of the saddlebag lights to see if you have juice? Since I have not seen these lights, can you measure from the socket? At least you'll know how far back the problem maybe. I have tested wiring using a safety pin as a probe through the insulation and easy to seal back up. But, you'll need to start working from where you tapped the power forward. Good luck and let us know what you find. Russ

#49 ·
Update from Mutazu

I have an answer from Mutazu on the RS hardbag lights. They are indeed single purpose lights. You can have signals, or brakes, or running lights, but not in combination. The email did say they have heard of folks getting an electrician to get the LED's to work in combination, but they don't know how to do it, and haven't seen it done. So....Brake lights it is:cool:

K Bedwell

#51 ·
I have an answer from Mutazu on the RS hardbag lights. They are indeed single purpose lights. You can have signals, or brakes, or running lights, but not in combination. The email did say they have heard of folks getting an electrician to get the LED's to work in combination, but they don't know how to do it, and haven't seen it done. So....Brake lights it is:cool:

K Bedwell
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/732/universal-run-turn-brake-controller

This is the beast you need. That will take inputs from your running, turn, and brake lights, and output them appropriately to your MU lights.

Although, IMHO, I'd rather have them as running/brake lights anyway. The factory turn signals are adequate, more brake lights shining in the distracted driver behind you is more important! (In my opinion, anyway)

#50 ·
on the topic of Mutazu Bags. Has anyone on here ordered them painted silver. I was wondering how close it was to the "Atomic Silver" Kawasaki Uses?

#52 ·
Ken, mine are running light / turn signals ... dont ask me how to do it, i wanted them to work with no issues, i had a mechanic do the hook up, if i tried myself, it would be like a rolling disco light ... yikes.

#53 ·
Update on lighting for the Mutuaz bags and wiring for anyone that has them. I have a Kuryakyn Triple Whammy 900 classic. I just added these bags and I wired the bags by connecting the ground wire to the mount screw in the bag and one wire from each bag to the turn signal wire after the Whammy. My bags now have running, Brake and turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.