Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hi, I have a Roadhouse exhaust.

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kyrocket 
#1 ·
I need to change the packing and can't figure out how to do it. I pulled off the back of the exhaust and can't figure out how to get to the packing.

#6 ·
You wernt joking when you called yourself Angrywarvet....
Sorry i dont know squat about repacking exaust , but i wanted to take a minute and thank you for your service. I would be delighted to buy you a beer if you ever get into this area. Thanks again, Bulldozer

#5 ·
dude chill out .. first off if you are seeing commercials then you should scan your computer for adware..... second not everyone knows everything... i cant say for sure how your baffles are held in but most likely they are held in by one or 2 bolts each... remove those bolts and pull the baffles , you MAY need a slide hammer with a hook on the end to get them out... then wrap the baffles with new packing material , use a bit of tape to secure the packing during re-insertion of the baffles(dont worry tape will burn off in there and cause no harm) slide the baffles back and put the bolts in..... that is of course IF your pipes have removable baffles...and if they dont then re-packing is not possible.

#7 ·
I do not know about the Road house pipes but most aftermarket pipes I have seen have on screw wither on the back or bottom of the pipe that "frees" the baffle. If there is not set screw then they are not removable. I have also seen some that you can see a small weld on the back of the pipes where the baffles connect. (I have not tried or know any one who has) but you may be able to drill it the remove it and then put a screw in it to re attach. Just a thought like I said I have neither done or know any one who has.

#8 ·
I had the RoadHouse exhaust on my V2K. I removed the glass blanket wrapping to increase the sound. Remove the two allen head screws located on the bottom of the slash cut tips. Remove the tips and then slide the baffles out. May need to hook them with something to pull with. The wrapping will be in the center section of the baffle. Remove old and replace with new. Reassembly is reverse of removal.

I'm a VN vet myself, but I'm not angry.

#9 ·
Also, to save yourself some money go to a big box hardware store and get a small roll of unfaced fiberglass pipe wrap or the rope gasket for fireplaces. Either one will work and is much cheaper than muffler packing. I repacked my Vance and Hines on the Buell and it worked beautifully. Use tape or string to keep it tight while sliding it back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.