Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

VN500 pics

271K views 411 replies 167 participants last post by  crayder37 
#1 ·
Show off your 500!

#198 ·
FavioR's ride

Hey guys, finally got a decent day in rainy (Hurricane Season) Miami to take some pictures. I believe I finally got this imageshack biz figured out as well :)

I am absolutely loving this bike. It is the perfect size for a new rider and I was able to get it at an incredible price. To date I have removed more than I have put on, streamlining the look to a lean-mean machine.

Added some T-bars with 6" rise, changed the mirrors and made the solo seat you see on it. Removed the turn signals and the front fender to give it a leaner, more agressive look. There is a K&N air filter in her and new HID bulbs in the headlight can.

Next up for the girl will be a bobbed rear fender, lowering kit (already arrived,) megaphone mufflers, and a new paint job.

On the "maybe" list: Black out some of the chrome, and a sight fuel gauge line.

#200 ·
hello FavIoR,

Welcome to the forum. Nice bike!! wifes is blue like yours

#208 ·
nope i bought the seat and the bars from biltwell off their website. they sell a couple styles and you can even just buy thier pan and cover your own if you would like. but that seat was right at a hundred bucks. but in the prossess of making the battery over i realiesed that it would be very easy to make your own. i went down to menards and got a small square of sheet metal and was able to bend it up to fit the frame perfectly in a matter of ten mins.

#209 ·
off subject, 21bullrider21, but I saw my first Menards in Grand Forks, ND while visiting my daughter out there. Was too busy with a wedding ( that's why I went out there) to stop in, but I think I would have been in heaven just to go in and look around.

#214 ·
02 Vulcan 500

Here was my 02' that I recently sold. I now have a 95'. I figured I would post a pic of the 02' in case someone wants to get some ideas from it.

List of upgrades/accessories:

Scootworks handlebar risers
Custom seat with 1" gel inserts, buttons removed
Chrome brake and clutch levers (wide blade)
Custom Dodge Viper Blue paint, pearl white racing stripe
Ebay backrest and luggage rack
Clear tail, marker lights from cruiser customizing
Custom drag-style headlight

Attachments

#216 ·
On page 21 i posted some pictures of my bike with a solo springer seat. since then i put some shorter springs on it. but it was very easy to do. go read through the posts after my pictures. once you take off the factory seat all i did was cut out a pan to hide the batery, then drilled a hole thought that shoe right below the tank that the nose of the factory seat fit into. and that is where i ran a pin to connect the front of my new solo seat. the rest just floats around.

#218 ·
I like the look of your bike, what handlebars did you use? I'm also going to put a screen on the front of my 95, looking at the EMGO viper.

#219 ·
Thanks!!! If I remember right they're just some Harley drag bars I picked up...I think I'm going to switch to a straight bar though because these bars cut my turning radius way down...I want to keep them low almost lower than the tank but all the controls keep bumping the tank....

#226 ·
Here's my VN 500. Did some minor modes.

Modes:
Repainted matte black
Dragbars with 7" rises
Customed stock seats
Lowering kit and still more to come.

Did you send the seat off to have it done?

#223 ·
My 95 Vulcan that I replaced the 02 with that's on the previous page. It has saddleman bags, tucmoto highway bar, spitfire windshield, and some other stuff I've put on lately.

Attachments

#225 ·
Man your bike looks awesome. I like both models of the Vulcan alot. I had my 02 model for several years and really enjoyed it. I mainly sold it to get an old style for the belt drive. I drive gravel/sandy roads alot and the chain was needing cleaned constantly. I miss the larger tank on the newer Vulcans for sure. Good work on the bike..

#232 ·
Cole, I noticed you have the same sissy bar/ luggage rack that I have. Don't know about you but I have noticed that you get what you pay for. It's a cheap chrome job and I have to keep it really clean to avoid rust, pitting etc.
But it's all I could afford when I bought it. Changed out my pad since then with a more comfortable one that was given to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.