Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

V2K "Features" {Good Things}

10K views 64 replies 15 participants last post by  Jammin'John 
#1 ·
See less See more
#39 · (Edited)
OP

We are not talking about "features" said the OP (me)
Somehow the tread got twisted to "what's a brand new bike worth"

If a V2K can be had for so little $$$ now then most of the posters in this thread have bikes that are not worth very much $$$. :(

I know a bike is not an "investment" but you guys are sayin' that resale is atrocious.

Is that a "feature" ?

JJ

#43 · (Edited)
I know a bike is not an "investment" but you guys are sayin' that resale is atrocious.

Is that a "feature" ?

JJ
Don't know what resale might be. Deals on leftovers don't necessary influence the overall market all that much because it's not like there is a new, carrover V2K laying around at every dealer, and not like just because you could get one of them for a bit over 9K then, that you could get the same deal today.

That said, I doubt much I'll care too much about the resale when that time comes because my plan is to drive the wheels off it, then get what I can for pieces, parts, or scrap metal. :cool:

And, even if I did sell it and took a fair beating, because the price of the bike was considerably less, it's still roughly equivalent or maybe even less $ I'd be out of hand than getting a better resale on a considerably more expensive bike. IOW, I don't care about the relative percent of resale to new, it's the actual dollars that matter.

#42 ·
But with that shift in the market makes for great prices for the people who want bike like the V2K. I was out of the market for a few years and was astonished at how low they were going for. What I love about the V2K is the stump pulling torque. Being able to roll on the throttle in 4th or 5th gear at 35 mph and not have to down shift is wonderful when you are out for a cruise. It is a not a necessity as it is a luxury. The biggest downfall to the V2K that I have experienced is that it is too easy to scrub board (or pipes when loaded or 2 up). It makes it a little hard to keep up with some spirited riding in the mountains.

#51 ·
You may look into Wompus Racks (http://www.wompusracks.com/). They have a couple versions for the V2K, a version that will mount to the LT backrest stands, AND a version that will bolt right to the 'studs' that the side rails and saddlebags mount too. Each would give a bigger and longer mounting surface for the trunk. It's a solid flat piece, so it can be drilled and bolts right right through your trunk and it making a really secure mount.

Luggage racks look nicer empty, but, for permanent installation of a trunk I think a wompus rack is the way to go.

#52 ·
I agree to most of your opinions about mounting locations, etc.

I only use this trunk when traveling. During anything overnight, we put the trunk on. On long trips, we use it in conjunction with the trailer.

The majority of the time, Trunk sits on a shelf in the garage.

#56 ·
Fine-Looking Rig

Dadinator, that is one fine-looking rig! JJ and Smedlin have agreed, too.

I like the look of the license plate on this bike being above the tailight. I can see though that one might wish to move the license plate to another location so as to make room for a lower rack. Even so, that LeatherLyke trunk really shines and fits in overall with the Classic LT's luggage and seats!

I'm very very impressed! :cool:

#58 ·
Took the wife to see the 2009 VN2000 bike this afternoon. Things went well considering that she really does not want me to get a bike. [Though if I do, she wants it to be a 2-Up bike so that she can go along.]

Price came down by $500. I told the salesman that we need to start a dialog on me acquiring the bike. I'm afraid that I won't be able to get it anywhere near what y'all have advised. Its an embarrassment to my negotiating skills :):)(), but ... I really like this bike and may have to bite the bullet and wince while I give a down payment that brings the remainder to what I should be paying anyhow. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.