Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Connecticut

6K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Whiplash 
#1 ·
Any CT riders on here? New to the riding world with a 900c and would love to go on some rides come spring time.

#5 ·
From the NW corner here but been living in VA for wayyyy toooo long - made three trips up that way on my Voyager last year - I love riding through Sharon, Kent, Cornwall, ahhhh the Berkshires and Litchfield Hills also found myself pushing into Dutchess County NY, and Southern Vermont . . . great roads to ride and explore!

#6 ·
I love riding up the area around Goshen, Cornwall, Sharon and over into NY! Also along Rt 7 by the river and over the covered bridge is really nice, I just wish there were a spot to pull over and take some pictures by the bridge. My profile picture was taken in Sharon, CT.

#7 ·
A picture like this?

Attachments

#9 ·
Cornwall Bridge . . . from the main road, cross it and turn left down the goat path along river . . . pull off take pic . . .:camera:

#12 ·
I grew up in Litchfield and remember family trips up to Cornwall and down that road with a Fried Chicken picnic basket and fishing poles . . . pulled some nice trout out of that river!

#15 ·
..Cheshire here. My wife and I like riding down through Durham, RT148, down along the shore / Saybrook causeway etc. Also west and north, up around Barkhamsted way.

#16 ·
Great riding nw ct I ride there from long island ny up 7 to west cornwall and have breakfast at the wondering moose cafe just over covered bridge on 128 on sunday he dose eggs ben by 10:30 thats gone. If you stay east on 128 it takes you to 4 rt on 4 to 7 to Sharon. Lt on 4 to 63 Goshen to 8. All good roads but when you take the side, side, side roads and they into dirt roads and sometimes back to black top but not always thats the adventure. So any time you all try to meet up think of Ed Nomad 11 who if not so in love with his wife would have moved up in that area already. But after 30+ years old habits are hard to break and good partners are hard to come by.

#18 ·
All rides are good rides as we all know, that now said yes 7 north from Kent along side the river to west cornwall covered bridge or 341 west at light by gas station in Kent 128 nw to 63 ne witch is more like farm hills not alot of tree cover that also to 4e to 7n to west cornwall if you don't take 4e 63 and 7 meet at south Canaan and you can take 7 down. There is a gas station where 4 and 7 meet.

#27 ·
Northeast Connecticut

I live in Putnam, CT. I ride all 6 New England states and plan on going out to Americade in New York next year. I lead or join a handful of organized rides on Saturdays throughout the season. My girlfriend and I ride frequently throughout the week and I enjoy my Sunday rides to wherever the road leads me.....

Anyone interested in joining a few organized rides next season?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.