Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

clutch cable help

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  bigsarge2012 
#1 ·
I have my recently purchased vn2000 torn down to bare naked, put some 12" ape hangers on it but the clutch cable is pulled pretty tight. Was wondering if anyone has measured the stock lenght cable (I need to know that info) and whether barnett clutch cables are exactly the same length as stock or hopefully slightly longer (talking about their stock repacement cable). Any other suggestions for clutch cables would also be appreciated, I actually need 2 since I have some 12" apes for my other vn2000 also but haven't installed them yet. Really would prefer not to have to have something specially made up just for an inch or two.
Dogg

#3 ·
Thanks Sarge, I do believe you have looked and memorized everything that has to do with the vn2000! The man in the know! Thanks
Dogg
PS thanks for the info on BD'sCycles, they have my tins from the new bike and are prepping them now for a new look. Brian is great to work with.

#5 · (Edited)
Haven't settled on paint or scheme yet will be talking with Brian this week, probably goinmg to be some sort of tangerin but not sure. Figured I 'd have something a little brighter since I already have a black one.

Looking for a tank and right side cover but seems that absolutely no one has any available, so will see if Brian can match the paints, if so I will either have a change of clothes for one of the vn's or I'll maybe watch for a Ltd. and eventually end up with 3 vn2000, I do believe I have maybe lost my mind on all of this cause the wife is about ready to commit me if I don't cool it.

#7 · (Edited)
Both of mine are classics with the big nacell headlight. If I get another though it will probably be a with the normal bike type head light.

I really need to sale my vtx1800r and rune prior to do to much more, so if you know anyone looking for a low mileage tricked out bike let me know. At least when you have more than one you don't stack up the miles that fast, just ride a different one everyother day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.