Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Fuel shut off valve

18K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  yamatospecial 
#1 ·
How do you guys drain your carbs for winter storage when there is no off on the fuel shut off valve?

#10 ·
the ON position is also the Off position when there is no vaccum at the vaccum line, which is the whole reason for the vaccum line....and harley guys aren't the best souces of information regarding vulcans...

#11 ·
Totally agree off word have been a good idea and also see on being off ironically... guess its once you know it kind of thing definitely going to add fuel filter and maybe hyper charger along with new seat and forward control extension courtesy of Timb4302

#15 ·
Change oil / filter. Drain / flush / refill coolant. Add Sta-Bil to a full tank...drain the carb bowl..remove plugs and add a squirt of storage spray- turn engine over with plugs grounded against the cylinders..replace plugs. Remove battery and / or connect to battery tender. I disconnect the fuel line just in case the petcock goes bad...I wrap a blanket round the motor...cover the bike and kiss it goodnight til April.........

Dave

#16 ·
Winter Storage

After the full tank with Seafoam/Stabil routine. I plug the tailpipe to keep critters from making a home, filling your exhaust with insulation crap to keep them warm. Install the battery tender, cover and let the bike sleep till late March. Ride smart and ride safe always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.