Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What are ya plannin' on doing to your 900 this winter?

23K views 148 replies 75 participants last post by  MidIAVoyager 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd start a little thread here.

Like the title says, got any winter project plans for the 9'er?

#136 ·
Wants to join in the winter plans discussion, but doesn't own a 900... :( :(
That's OK, I will do what I planned, ride when I can as long as there is no ice on the road.

nyah nyah :p

#137 ·
Oh Jee... we haven't heard THAT before... not like that's been every other response or anything! LOL.

I didn't ride the other day. It was 13 degrees. No thank you.

#139 ·
Strip it down to prep for paint, find my Wixom fairing I want, and new bags, and the ScootWorks pulleys, take the bike and a pile of parts to the painter and say "I did it the last 2 times, YOU do it this time" lol. Treating myself to a professional paint job (satin black, satin metalflake clear) after refinishing it several times on my own, and they're going to fit the fairing and new bags for me and do the swap on the pulley as well, after giving it a really good once-over mechanically. Also, I'll be adding a full Lizard Light kit myself, and working to smoke more of the chrome.
Most folks will (I hope) think I bought another bike.

#144 ·
I have a short list that Ive been working on:

- Remove Auxiliary Lightbar (done)
- Replace stock bars with Apes (done)
- Replace stock exhaust with V&H Staggered ( pending next paycheck )

I'll have to find more things to do. I'm only in the second month of 'winter' up here and I'm almost done with my list. I've still got at least two months to go, if not three and a half. Good weather doesn't roll in up here until at least middle to end of March. Might get some chrome bits for a lonely weekend or two. New mirrors, grips, maybe some new hoses/lines for the bars since they're a bit tight. I'm sure I can find a way to drive the wife nuts. :D

#145 ·
My www.cruisercustomizing.com order came today.

I just got the bike and since there hasn't been much snow or ice yet this year I'm still riding it (the new Areostitch suit has helped too) but I will be adding.

Kuryakyn - Back ISO Grips with Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn - Shift and Break covers
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
Tourmaster saddlebags

#147 ·
Installed Michelin Commander II's front and rear in November. 90/80 up front, but changed the rear tire size to 170/80 in rear. Very nice! Speedo correction, gears are streched out, and lower RPM's at highway speeds. What's not to like?

Received some highway bar foot pegs for Christmas. Installed today and, since it got up to 50 today, I was able to take a short ride. That is pretty awesome to get a ride in December in this Cincy area. The pegs are nice. I'm sure they'll make riding much more enjoyable next spring when I can get out again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.