Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Lone Star Bike Rally

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Scott_in_TX 
#1 ·
Anybody here going to the Lone Star Bike Rally this coming weekend?

http://www.lonestarrally.com/

I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I live less than 20 minutes from it :p

Some of us should all meet up for a drink.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is the one I really want to go to. But, I already have other plans this year.

I have been trying to get to the hill country this fall, and this is the weekend that fits.

I would tell you to enjoy riding the coast and to watch out for the crazies while riding through Houston. But, I don't think either apply.:D:D

So, drink a beer for me and keep the rubber down; Oh yea, post some pics!
Scott

#3 ·
Will do Scott.

My painter is wanting me to enter my bike in the Metric Competition.

Meh, I don't know. I think he's just wanting some free advertisement.

I've built what I refer to as a "practical bar-hopper". It's not on the same level as those "show bikes"...

#4 ·
Smed, that is one bad and beautiful skoot!

Your painter is right to want that kind of advertisement.

I would say it depends on how you want to spend your day.
Talking to strangers about your bike doesn't sound like a bad way to kill a few hours; but having a few cold ones and looking at other peoples bikes is nice too.

Scott

#5 ·
Hate to be a pessimist but a few cold ones and riding motorcycles does not mix, assuming smed is not going to stay on the island anyways... which being 20 minutes from the island I would assume not. ;)

#10 ·
With what seems like 80% of the members here living in Texas.. Nobody else going to the Lone Star Rally?

I've got the bike all cleaned up and ready.

(was kind of difficult to take a pic in the direct sunlight with my cell phone. Bike is TO shiny :rolleyes: )

#12 ·
Hey Smed,

Help me get over my disappointment with recent events.

Post some of pics of that rally. :)

Scott

#13 ·
What's the recent event's that has you disappointed?

The rally was a blast. I was there for a bit Thur even, all day Friday, most of Sat and part of Sunday.

Saturday a friend and I did the "Outlaw Dave" ride. It had Charlie Hunnam "Jax" From Sons Of Anarchy. The wife got several really good pics of him.

The ride itself was something else. Over 1,100 bikes rolling together! "They" closed down I-45 southbound for about 45 miles. Was something else to see.

(My friend knows outlaw dave, and was able to score some vip tickets. Meaning we were in the very front of the pack and had special parking when we got to the Rally. Was a nice surprise).

The Rally itself is getting bigger and bigger. I've been told it's now the 3rd largest Rally in the nation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.