Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

milwaukee leather throttle boots

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  screwedandtattooed 
#1 ·
Hey guys, quick question about the milwaukee leather men's throttle boots.
I'm looking into this pair of boots but having a hard time finding any local store have them to try on, and no luck with online reviews.
does anyone here have wore them before ?
please let me know how they fit and how good it holds up.
I work in retail and i stand on my feet about 7 hours a day.
thanks !!!!!!

http://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothing.com/boots/mens-throttle-motorcycle-boot.html

#2 ·
Nice boots, I bought a deans product.

Need to find a dealer check the dealer locator at the top of the page:D

M

#4 ·
Hey guys, quick question about the milwaukee leather men's throttle boots.
I'm looking into this pair of boots but having a hard time finding any local store have them to try on, and no luck with online reviews.
does anyone here have wore them before ?
please let me know how they fit and how good it holds up.
I work in retail and i stand on my feet about 7 hours a day.
thanks !!!!!!

http://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothing.com/boots/mens-throttle-motorcycle-boot.html
Evedog,

I don't know if any riding boot is made to spend that much time standing in.

I have a comfortable pair of walking shoes that I leave at work.:)

Scott

#5 ·
I do not buy "Riding Boots". I just wear my old Georgia work boots. A boot that I can wear to work in, walk around it all day, or ride the bike it. I purchased a set of "HD" riding boots once and hated them. They were ok to ride it but man I could not stand to walk more than 20-30 minutes in the before my feet were killing me. That kinda just turned me against the idea of a "Riding Boot". I have looked at them on the shelf and they LOOK to be a decently built boot but I have not ever worn them.

#6 ·
I like Wolverines; I have had good luck with them.:)

But, the ones I have are black; and they were baking my feet this summer on the bike.
So, I bought a pair of Die Hard brown boots from Sears that were on sale. I wouldn't want to spend 8 hours on them. But, all in all I am pretty satisfied.

Scott

#7 ·
+1 on the Wolverines and you can find them pretty easily (i.e. Sears). I've had a pair of black ones (non-steel toe) for more than two years now and find them to be very comfortable in any situation. I'm a land surveyor and that requires a lot of walking on all sorts of different terrain. I've not had the 'hot foot' problem in the summertime, but then again my feet don't really sweat very much either. I have also heard that Rocky boots are very comfortable, but I don't personally know. I would buy a nice pair of work boots (in black if that's your style) and stay away from those 'riding boots'. I've tried a variety of them on in motorcycle stores and have never been satisfied enough with the comfort to purchase any. I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
From the Rocky boots that I have owned. They have been comfortable and I would consider using them for "riding boots" but as for working in. (I also used to be a surveyor) I never got a full year out of a pair of Rocky Boots before the soles came loose or the side busted out. But living here in the mountains you walk a lot on the side of hills and put a lot of strain on them.

#8 ·
I spent 30 years in law enforcement and experimented with a variety of different boots, and found that a good pair of tactical boots is a good choice for riding boots, as they are waterproof, well-made, high quality, and comfortable for walking in all day. Plus most are very light. In fact, since we are discussing this subject, I am thinking I will pay a visit to the cop shop here for my next pair of boots. Rocky's are good, as are Wolverines and Bates. And there are a couple others. The big thing for using boots for motorcycle riding is that they come up over the ankles for good upper support and snug on the feet securely so the don't come off in the event of an unplanned for get-off. They don't have to be dedicated motorcycle boots, and it seems anymore that a lot of motorcycle-specific boots are geared towards sport bikes. I have a pair of Tourmaster boots I got last year. I like them and they're OK, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day, that's for sure.

#9 ·
I have been wearing Icon's Field Armor Chukka 6" boots, they are light and cool, feel more like a shoe.But, they are not water proof.
I will soon be in the market for new boots/shoes, and thought i would try something different, i like the Icon's but might try the Milwaukee Outlaws, or Road Captain's next time around.

Attachments

#13 ·
Milwaukee boots rock indeed!
I have a pair of their Trooper boots for the last 4 years and one of the most satisfying motorcycle gear purchases I have made!
:cool:

I wonder if I would get a discount by mentioning them if a State Trooper pulled me over to cite me? :D

#15 ·
#18 ·
I managed my retail store and was up and down 10 hours a day, often for hours without sitting down. Then I married a nurse who introduced me to SAS Shoes. Wide round toe box, air holes for breathing, arch support, etc. I rotated two pairs for 16 years. Still have them. Bottoms are almost slick but tops are fine. Are made for people who stand on their feet at work. Worth every penny. Don't look clunky like work boots would when dressed for retail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.