Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2005 Vulcan 2000

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  chromeryder 
#1 ·
Hi from Calgary ..we're nearly done riding for few months

#5 ·
Wish I had it home. Laid it down at nearly stopped avoiding a nice lady who wanted my lane. It in shop. New handlebars mirrors. Tank, pipes rear signals. Had cobras now putting on Vance & Hines .so while that's being done I'm getting custom paint work.

#7 ·
Yeah upgraded parts were virtually no cost anyway. Just the custom paint..always wanted do do that anyway. And we have had snow here. None right now but too dam cold to ride anyway..like what you did to your bike...
I'll post pics some time next month.

#8 ·
Big toys

Welcome to the forum! You will find plenty of ideas and suggestions here:D If you are part of the Calgary Oilmen's Assoc. they do a couple of rides every year around the parks and thru the icefield. Edson Oilmen's riders join up with them at Rocky and do the north park run. Good hard day of riding either direction..:cool:

#11 ·
Will do when snow melts haha. Today -13 Celsius here today that's 8.5 Fahrenheit it's been snowing since 5 am. I'm excited because I am going to Banff Sunshine skiing Sunday...
And my new gas tank just arrived so the painter can star customizing my bike, yeah..

#12 ·
Welcome Chrome, I am in the same boat as you, laid mine down a few weeks ago. It is in the shop and I am new to the forums as well.

#14 ·
I fared alright all things considering, a couple of bruised ribs, a ripe elbow, and a few partially torn ligaments in the shoulder but all will be well in a few weeks. Currently residing in Lincoln, Nebraska at University of Nebraska-Lincoln but originally from Detroit, Michigan. Full-time student here.

#15 ·
Well like you said all things considering...your not dead...I was just about stopped jammed on the front brake and it just hit loose stones and down I went. I had a similar elbow and sore hip ..bent the handlebars...saved me...do you ride all year there. When do you get your bike back

#16 ·
I took out the headlight, handlebars, tank, pipes, saddlebags, footpeg, most of the right side basically. I will ride until there is ice on the ground. They make cold weather gear for a reason. The money you save on gas, pays for the gear. They said they got the bulk of the parts in yesterday but I gave them them the go ahead for some extra paint and a new set of shoes (Metzlers on the way!) So hopefully I will see it back the first week in December.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.