Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Auto Tune and O2 Sensor Location

19K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  wbilotta 
#1 ·
Ok, about to pull the trigger on a PCV with Auto Tune. Curious about the location of the O2 Sensor. I know the stock location is in the right side muffler. I'm considering putting it right after where the exhaust manifolds join. That way if/when i install slip-ons I won't have any issue with having to put a bung in the new slip-on. Has anyone done this? Any issues? Is there a pic available showing it?

Thanks,
Frank

#35 ·
wbilotta,
Waiting on my PCV, was back ordered and should be shipping this week. I will let you know how it works out.

maxtech1,
I ordered 35' and tried to use 1/4" overlap per DEI's guideline. Just ordered an additional 15' to finish the crossover pipr.

Frank

#37 ·
Wrapped Exhaust manifold installed and pics of O2 Sensor placement.

Attachments

#38 ·
Crossover pipe wrapped, heat shield installed, Exhaust back on, now if the PCV would get here!!! Don't ask!!

Attachments

#44 ·
Does it run badly, or Autotune just isn't reacting to your expectation?

Do you save the changes Autotune suggests and it just keeps getting leaner and leaner with each application of the changes or are just referencing back to the same base map fuel?

#45 · (Edited)
After the 2nd/3rd time I accept the suggested fuel trims the bike is running bad. When I roll on the throttle the bike will 'cough' through the BAK and the bike falls flat on its face. It had one of my cells at a -49 which means a 49% reduction in the amount of fuel the stock computer is calling for. That is at the 20%/4000rpm intersection.

The only idea Dynojet has come up with is the mounting location of the O2 sensor. I mounted mine in the same position Kawasaki does on the Euro bikes.

I removed my BAK and reloaded a base map. So far I've only accepted the first fuel trim and now the weather is cold so I'm done for the year. Next spring I'll try and get this worked out.

#42 ·
Hi Rickpay,
How did you go about using the autotune to tune your m109r?

Did you use any deliberate procedures or just ride normally and let it do its stuff. Also did you do any smoothing of the trim or fuel table off sets?

We are having more than a little trouble getting the system to work on a 2009 classic 1700.

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.