Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

saddlebags

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Aleco 
#1 ·
Any body have pics of saddle man desperado tear drop bags part # tc3501-0486 Thinking of getting some but would like to see them on a 900 and what you think of them.

#2 ·
I have the saddlemen drifter teardrop bags with the shock cut out. I really like the bags. easy install took me about an hour by myself would have been faster with a second pair of hands. Only down side is that I bought the bags with shock cut out it takes away some of the bag size and the openings sag a bit but have seen some people build a frame to fix that which is on my winter to do list. but not a big deal.

Attachments

#5 ·
I know you looking for the Desparado. I went with the Drifter Slant, they fit the 900 really well. Though I will be going to Hard bags to match my trunk, Saddleman has a lot of great choices in bags that won't break the bank.

Attachments

#8 ·
I have a set of Viking saddlebags on my 900 custom. They fit the bike great and follow the lines of the bike very well.

Attachments

#13 ·
I bought mine from jafrum and I don't think I saw anything else besides the cut out. I didn't look anywhere else as at the time they were on sale and I had a limited budget. I think I got them for just a hair over 200. I only use mine for holding lunch box and stuffing jacket and gloves in or overnight clothes for short trips. But I am very happy with them and the look. I haven't really noticed the loss of space with the cut out but then haven't loaded them up and needed the room.

#15 ·
I haveno problems with cleaning the bike . you canget around them easily. They are held on with two bolts each that replace the strut bolts. I can have thm on and off within 10 minutes. They hold their nshape way better than throwovers, which i have for my 800 intruder.

#17 ·
Installed my Vikings this afternoon, it took me a while, I started wo helper. When help arrived it was 45 mins. Sorry no pics for now, I'll post them tomorrow?
At first I tried throw over but fenderis too wide for the velcro on the bags, so I had to do the hard mount, and to tell youthe truth, I like it better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.