Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

How do you oil your K&N filter?

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  chi-rider 
#1 ·
I just installed my Cobra PowerFlo Air intake kit and I got an increase in power, more pick up and go in all gears.
It came with the K&N air filter.
Just that K&N did not include how to oil and how often to clean the filter.
In the past I did nothing to the K&N air filters on my other bikes.
Any knowledge about the subject would be appreciated.

#2 ·
How often all depends on the conditions you ride in!!! washing I always ude dawn dish soap and rally hot water.... reoiling works best if you buy the K&N spray can.. it is red colored so it is easy to see how much you applied.. Uni oil and some of the other spray oils are harder to see

#10 · (Edited)
The box kit also comes with a cleaner solution as well.

The instructions also talk about how to wash the filter and how to oil it identifying which sides to do what with. How long to wait and repeat things. It also notes precautions such as letting it dry nornally vs blow drying. They are pretty good. The kit last a long time. For best results, I found it essential to ensure it's completely dry before treating and done in a warm environment as oppose to cool . I have "2" and that way I can always have one on the go while I treat the other.

#11 ·
I have a KnN filter and cleaner kit. Works great. I clean and oil the filter at the end of the riding season (Nov in Chicago) when I set the bike up for winter storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.