Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Buggered up FI2000

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Kyrocket 
#1 ·
So I get this box of nuts and bolts from ebay and it has a Cobra FI2000 in it. Not the R just the 2000. It's got 2 plugs on it and a grey wire that has been cut. Looking to see if anyone knows what that grey wire had on it. I've tried other sources and googling it to no specific info. One forum spoke of splicing into a wire and I'm cool with that if that's what I need to do but if it had a plug on the end then I need to source that plug. The unit itself has four wires coming out of it. Red, blue, black and grey. The red and blue have plugs on them and the black is ground, only unknown is the grey. Any help out there? I'll snap a pic and post it later but it's at the house now.

#2 ·
According to a picture on Cobra's website, and the instructions on their website, the FI2000 (non-R model) uses just generic male spade connectors intended to plug into those should-be-outlawed Scotchloc T-tap dealies, and a plain ring terminal on what appears to be a black wire.

#3 ·
ys if its got the plugs it SHOULD be the fi2000r and the one wire without a plug would be the one that tapps into the tps wire.... but to be safe i would look up the model number to make sure it is indeed for a v2k !!

#4 · (Edited)
I see what you mean, mine is also missing the cap covering the led's and pots so maybe it is an R. It has two connectors and upon closer inspection it looks as though two connectors have been cut off of it. It's got a male and female and on Cobra's site it looks like the grey wire runs into a female connector then back out to a male connector. Someone was in a hurry to strip this bike and sell off the pieces and buggered up this fuel processor. Thanks for taking the time to look and set me straight. It may be all for naught but the bike isn't going anywhere soon so maybe I can fix this project.

Big Worm I was typing at the same time you were. This came off of an '07 V2K and mine is an '06 so I'm hoping it will work, if I can fix it that is.

#8 ·
Yeah, it was worth what I paid for it. Alot of it will be spares but I like spares:) There's a brake lever and a skinned up resevior cover that I may sand and polish. Seat latches, two good swingarm pivit covers and a couple of yet to be determined switches. It was worth the money but like you I was really after the programmer.

#9 ·
hey KY, did you ever get the Cobra figured out???

#10 ·
Yeah, it's figured out but I've just had other stuff going on that I haven't tried to source the plugs. I've been meaning to hook it up to my spare battery and see if it even powers up but I've not even done that. Between meetings, kid's music recitals, church, Christmas (you name it) shopping, decorating, baking etc. it's just been hectic. I've not even sorted out the box yet. I went through it to see what all was there and there it sits still in the box. So to make a short story long, yeah, it's figured out:) Just on the back burner right now. It was 20 yesterday morning so I won't be riding anytime soon:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.