Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Fairing fitment question?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  twp 
#1 ·
I got my fairning for my cutom this morning. Thanks to my wife an kids for the surprise.
My question is I have risers on my bars. When I put the fairing on it hits the two cables that come out of the back of the throttle. I was able to losen them an turn them down a little. Which helped they still hit but not as bad. Will it hurt anything the way I put them will it? an the other thing is the windshield is hitting the front brake fluid reservoir. I guess im having all these problems because of the handle bar riesers.

#2 ·
I have the batwing, my cables touch but not bad does not come close the the brake res. I'll bet it's the risers as I am still stock bars.

M

#5 ·
Thanks Richard Kerr the cables is what I was really worring about.I got to thinking about it last night when I was trying to go to sleep. I didn't lossen the bushings on the mounts an move them out any. So this morning I losen the bushing mounts an moved them out a little. I moved them to where the fairing is just about even even with the headlight. Now the windshield does not touch the brake fluid reservoir.

#8 ·
make sujre they have a paint scanner and leave them the front fender for a 100% match

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.