Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

dual exhaust on a V2k anyone?

11K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  UscgMac 
#1 ·
OK dont flame me for asking this, just thinking out aloud here, i have seen that few people have put dual exhausts (one on either side of the bike) on roadstars with fish tails. Not that i would do that to my bike currently. But when she gets old and is begging for some customizing, I was thinking about going that route. Any one done this yet to a V2K?

#2 ·
I have not seen nor heard of anyone doing this. It would be a neat idea. I thought about that and going with hard bag and making the Nomad Kaw should have made :D . I don't see how it could be possible with out compromising ground clearance. I have seen pictures of it being done with a trike kit but that is a complete different situation.

#5 ·
No !!!!

By the time your bike is old & needs a fluff & buff, You too will be needing some relief, a Springer front end will NOT give you any arthritis relief whatsoever.
I have a springer on my trike & it jarrs the hell outta my old elbows & shoulders, they make look good , but believe me, they transfer a LOT of the road surface imperfections directly to your joints.

#7 ·
ive spent hours staring at my 2000 wondering the same thing. i dont see how the pipes could be run without moving some things around. anything is possible, but it looks beyond my limited technical abilities. i think she would look great with dual fishtails

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
;(

Dual FIsh tails ;( YUCK OH say it aint so !!
Sorry, just being a snot, to each their own, I just happen to DISPISE those !!!
I have dual DIY 3.5" curved out on my 04 , which I think look decent but they DO set off a lot of car alarms!! & they arent THAT loud either, but they have a VERY VERY DEEP tone & resonance & I think its more the frequency of the sound than the volume, that fires off the alarms . LOL its real fun driving by a car dealership LOL, especially high end , like a Mercedes/BMW, etc dealerships LMAO
Yeah, I know,Sometimes , I'm just a jerk. LOL

Attachments

#10 ·
would look ok if they were about a foot shorter and without those god awfull fishtails !!!!

#15 · (Edited)
I don't like them either. The only thing I could possibly see them on is an old big findered Indian or the Kaw Drifter. I think the V2K is too modern looking of a classic style bike for those to work (a modern classic, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard on). IMO

#19 ·
I happen to like them on the right bike, like an FLH. Samson makes a pair called the true duals for harleys.... if you have the equipment, or know someone who does, you could make a pair.

#20 ·
If you really want a dual exhaust then you should have bought a Nomad or Voyager. This bike was made to have a soft tail look with duels running up one side. my Cobras look great running together up one side. Dont know why someone would think about making this bike into something esle, this bike wasn't designed for that. Just saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.