Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

motorcycle hoist

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  hrpskyrunner 
#1 ·
Boy are these knees getting old ,hey i know what, im a bit of an engineer ( ie i know a lot of guys that are welders and such) lets build a hois,does any one out there have any plans or pointers for building one? anything would be appreciated :)

#2 ·
I've seen hoists on the internet. Just Google it. If you still want to fab something from scratch then I'd have no problems helping. PM me for my email address whenever you are ready to start.

#3 ·
When you say "hoist" that kinda sounds like a winch & chain affair. That would be an interesting avenue to explore.

As far as most economical bike "lift table" Harbor Freight runs theirs on sale every now and then for $350. It's rated at 1500 lbs. Hard to beat that price. I know a few folks that have um. I wish I did, my knees are still struggling with a bike lift (not a table). I got one of those little roller chairs and that helps a lot, but you still have to sit pretty low.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
Ha Lol, I would like one of those myself. I'm going to the Veterans clinic tomorrow for my knee. Probably gonna have to have an MRI since my knee locks up on me if I get in the wrong position with it. My Doc says I have a torn Meniscus whatever that is.

#6 ·
Harbor Freight just had a sale here in the Midwest for $299 and I had a 25% off coupon. Great gaget. Changed out the front tire capture to one of the over center pivot type, also from harbor freight. Works great. I too am on a swivel stool but at normal height. I can only say that I should have done this years ago! Great investment. Found things out about the bike I never saw before. Chain cleaning, bike cleaning, service is all a breeze now. Sign up on line for their online and e-mail sales coupons. It's worth the junk mail for the items that come up that you can really use.

#8 ·
Using an electric winch

I am looking at putting an electric winch on top of my garage joist. If you try this make sure the joist can hold your bikes weight. I need to find nylon straps that will hold the bikes weight also. On Amazon you can find 110V winches for around $100.00. I havn't finished figuring it all out yet, probably will not get to it until summer now. This is one of the winches I am looking at using.
Neiko Heavy Duty Professional-Grade Electric Cable Hoist - 880 LB with a double line.
Price: $109.70

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.