Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vaquero front end wobble

26K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  stringt 
#1 ·
Hey guys I know this has been covered before but I need some serious input. I have a 2011 vaq and had mich comm II put on at 6400 miles sence then I have had wobble in the front end 35 to 60 cruz on or desell. if I take my hands off the bars for 5 sec it starts to wobble if I did not grab the bars I would end up wrecking. I'v heard all I need to about dont take your hands off the bars it still maens someting is wrong. Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing it. The shop that put the tires on says steering head bearings need to be replaced with tappered bearings. Thats hard for me to belive just becase I changed the tires I need new bearings any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tryed different air presure doesn't seem to help has dlna beeds in the tires a dealer said the back tire is a different size that stock could cause it. Thats all I know Thanks Guys

#67 ·
The cost of the bearings my buddy spent with bearins and labor was $150, New Kawi rider correct me if im wrong. The cost of the head bearings and the front wheel bearings and to have dyna beads put in the front tire was $289 the cost of the ties were aronud $285 for the pair to sale or return the tires and a new set of tires would have been more than the bearings. And I hpping to get 18000 out of the back maybe more and 25000 on the front i think it was worth the money Im not trying to upset you just trying to get you to under stand thats all. I hope to get the rear all balls bearings put in soon the front one made it roll easier first is the PCV/IGN I hope next weenend. :good:

#68 ·
Let me add my two bits worth as the tire suspect. At about 11000 miles I replaced the original Bridgestones with Michelin Commander 2s, front and rear. Last week noticed the same front end wobble on my 2014 Vaquero with about 2500 miles on the new tires. My local dealer kept it for a day and a half. In that time they took the dyna beads out and tried weights. No change. They then replaced the MC2 on the front with a Metzeler. Little or no improvement. They put on the same model Bridgestone as the stock. Problem solved. I guess I'll be sticking with Bridgestones from now on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.