Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Growing pains

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Collinba 
#1 ·
Well, it's been over a year with my new 900 now and I figured I'd share something with y'all.

When I first bought the bike I didn't even ride it home. I had a friend ride it home because I wanted to learn in a little more relaxed environment. I followed him in my car, and we made one quick stop on the way at a gas station and I snapped this pic of the bike;

Well several months later my wife and I were out riding and I stopped by the same gas station, and snapped THIS one;

Er.. um.. nevermind I can't find that picture. But it's somewhere! Picture the same bike but with a mustang seat and a few little trinkets.

Or.. here;

There it is on our honeymoon, in Eureka Springs.

And then I snapped THIS one just the other day at that SAME spot;

*sniff* they grow up so fast!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you sir but I am not a vet. The Navy patch says "Navy Brother" on it and is worn in honor of my little brother who is currently serving in the USN. I am in the patriot guard, but you don't have to be a vet to be a member. Many of the folks I ride with are vets and they've encouraged me to join and I've done several PGR rides with them.

#4 ·
Yes, sigh, they do grow up so quickly, right before our very eyes. I have raised several such children over the years. Then, when they get "all growed-up," we tend to say goodbye to them, send them on their way, and after a tear or two, we adopt another infant to raise up.

I'd say that that's the final product, but I suspect that is not so. There will always be something or another to add and improve its performance, appearance or comfort. Once a parent, always a parent, ya know.

#6 · (Edited)
Oh, and the bags are Mutazu HL bags. The trunk is a Harley Tour Pak.

Here's a better view:

#7 ·
Getting very jealous of all your extra's !

#8 ·
From April of this year my V2K has went from

(a stock photo from www.totalmotorcycle.com)

It is amazing how they will eventually turn out, and a lot of times different than what we originally planned.
to

#10 ·
add stuff to a 900.. why i would never even think of it !!!! lol

#11 ·
Heh!

Well next up is a fairing with speakers, hoping to do that before the spring. Then I'll find something new..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.