Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Going to the Darkside

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  street325 
#1 ·
I have searched and read alot about this and have decided to give it a try but have a couple of questions.

Bias or radial? Does it make a difference?

Is there a tire NOT to get? Going with a 195/60-16.

Putting a Michellin Commander II on the front.

#3 ·
I dunno man. There are pros and cons to everything and according to everyone but the main one I always see consistently repeated and common to everyone is that bike tires and car tires are designed and engineered for either a bike or a car and that handling and cornering are the main risks associated with the sidewall differences. Wish you success regardless and let us know how you are doing with it.

#4 ·
Radial works fine for me.Other than fitment problems with a few using the 205 tire I haven't heard of any "stay away from this tire note". I'm using the Dunlap SP 5000 and like it very much. But if I ever ware this one out I Will go with the Yokohama 195/60/16 only because it has 12/32 tread depth. Yes let us know how it all turns out.

TwoWheel may be your father but I'll still have to give you a cookie. lol

#5 ·
My size is same as Davids.... I have ran CT's for decades on at least one of my motorcycles. The one I use to go on long road trips.... Never had a problem. But I have never had a problem with a standard MC tire other than I have worn out a set in 25 and 31 days before. Gets very expensive changing MC tires every two months...

CT's ARE my "thing", it may not be yours, but if you never try it you will never know. Like anything else, it's not for everyone.

Any good internet searching in big bike forums you will find CT's in use and have been for years.... especially among the goldwing crowd. I had them on two wings too.

#10 ·
I have a Yokohama Avid 195/60/16 on mine. I tried a 205 but it was just a hair too big. Will not go back to a MC tire. I do alot of interstate driving 200 a day and was wearing out MC tires every 2 to three months. I also have a MIchelin Commander II on the front.

Lobo

#13 ·
The reason I inquired about that was because I was going to suggest taking off the wheel yourself and taking it to a local bike shop and get it installed like I did. Perhaps you could do that when a new tire is needed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.