Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

License plate light bulb

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bpro215 
#1 ·
Just noticed the license plate light has burned out on my Vaquero. I remember reading somewhere about a longer lasting aftermarket replacement bulb from perhaps an auto parts store? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

#2 ·
Just had my Voyager in for the 5th scheduled maintenance and was told the licence plate bulb was burned out. They didn't even have a replacement bulb in stock. While I was waiting for my ride I roamed around and noticed a LED kit from Bike Master for licence plate application. Not a direct replacement.

#4 ·
Thats funny Jim, when I switched out mine for the new plate holder, my bulb was burned out also. Seems to be a pattern of failures

#6 ·
35,000 miles and the only bulb that has failed thus far was one of the running lights, but I do leave them on all the time. Upgraded to PIAA extreme running lights and now the headlight is barely noticable during the daylight hours.

There are companies that sell a license plate surround with built in LED light for those who want to clean up the rear end of their bikes and do away with the OEM stuff.

#7 ·
Mine burnt out last year. I ended up going to Advance Auto and the crossed it with a auto bulb. I don't recal the number but it was for a BMW or a car like that. It was a little brighter but it has been in for over a year now with no problems. If it wasn't so hard to take it out I would go look. worse comes to worse I will if you have no luck on finding one. I know it was a common bulb sold on the shelf
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.