Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Looking Around

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bamadrive 
#1 ·
I've been prowling Craigslist lately looking for my next bike. It's a good time to buy around here till maybe Jan.

I never thought I'd consider a Harley but I found an 01 Deuce with only 3050mi on it for 7500.00. I road it and liked it pretty well, still thinking about it.

Yesterday I went to look at a 2010 Victory Hammer 8 Ball , it's a sweet bike with only 2300mi !! He's firm @ 10,200.00. It includes Victory Q-release bags , windshield , pipe's and the touring seat. Riding it was vary impressive other than the different handling , that fat 250 rear takes a bit to muscle through turns. I rode a Vegas this summer and loved that bike's handling. The power is definitely there vs the Harley.

Havn't made up my mind on either just yet , there both good deals.

#4 ·
Well I put a deposit on the Harley tonight , never had one , guess I couldn't resist.

I wouldn't have but the miles are so low I also had a guy check it out for me , he's worked on nothing but Harleys for 25+ years , he said it sounded real good , no motor noises to be concerned with.

At the price and mileage I decided if I was going get a Harley this would be a good one to pick up.

#5 ·
Those are solid bikes. Softail Deuce right? Let us know how you like it, and PICS are always important!

#6 ·
Yes , it's a softail Deuce with FI, she needs some minor work but pretty solid with only 3066mi on the clock. Exhaust will be the 1st change , as whats on it just doesn't fit the style of the bike IMO Not shown in these pics is a Q-release windshield , and sissy bar.

Attachments

#10 ·
I know , this bike was 17,700.00 new , that's 2001 money. It's just getting broke in @ 3216mi , I put 150mi on :D , I couldn't pass for 7500.00 , I'll still be able to get that with 30K on it I believe. Her sitting in the garage days are over , well after winter anyway :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Well I had a great day to finally take a long ride Sat. Put 125mi on , also the 1st daylight ride on it. It's not quite as nimble as the 800A but it's heaver and does handle nice. It got pretty breezy in the afternoon and the extra weight was nice. I like the way it rides vary solid feeling .

I can really feel the extra 650cc's , passed a tractor hauling a hay wagon and accidentally power clutched it outa 1st into 2nd ....... ya she runs good.

Love the self cancelling turn signals , Harley uses a button on each side , push to lane change push again to turn off . When your turning once you make your turn they cancel when you hit 2nd, there easier to use than a slide switch IMO.

Just won a set of Python duel staggerds on ebay today , vary much like V&H big Shots. These pipes came with it are butt ugly on a Deuce , they sound good but the Python's will too and look so much better.

Couple pic's from her new home

Attachments

#9 ·
Those are good bikes for sure. Glad you're enjoying it!

#11 ·
Especially in these places with a more limited riding season, or more unpredictable weather (like the midwest). Seems like people only ride on a nice afternoon. There are SO MANY low-mileage TOURING BIKES on craigslist. I've seen early 2000's 1800 Goldwings under 20k miles, just saw an '04 Harley Road King (which is on their touring platform, FLH) with 3,800 miles on it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.