Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Happy time no more Duck butt fender

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bamadrive 
#1 ·
Just finished putting a classic fender I bought here on the forums on my A.
I like it so much better than the upswept ducks butt that was on it.

The paint is temporary til later in the spring when I can paint it all to match. It came to me as canary yellow and I just couldn't put it on like that.

I"m posting both the old stock look vs the new classic look for comparison.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I've always disliked it visually but I really didn't like it on wet roads. No protection at all. Buddy of mine rides a 30k customized HD and he dropped way back on a damp road, I kidded him asked if he was having a hard time keeping up and he said no but the 15ft rooster tail of spray water off my back wheel was drowning him. My backside always got wet before the front with the old fender. It's raining this morning and I may have to give her a test ride when it stops to see how the new fender does on wet roads.

#7 ·
Honestly, I don't think it changed my riding position noticably. Maybe a half inch, if that. I'm 6'2" so leg room is certainly a concern of mine. The seat is MUCH firmer so it takes a little time to get used to but it is more comfortable.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Nice...

I have never heard them referred to as a Duck butt before.
Personally I like that style reminds me of the old KZ's. Thats what
the 1600 Marauder has on it. I wish the one you took off would be a direct fit
on my Meany I'd ask if it was for sale...

#12 ·
How hard was it to change it over to the classic style? I've been thinking about doing this. After seeing yours, I love the look!

#13 ·
It took less than 10 mins to remove the old fender.

Had a little problem on the install or it would have went just as fast.

The fellow I bought it from had cut the pigtail off the brake light pretty close to the light when all he really had to do was unplug it up by the battery and ship the whole harness with the fender. I had to run to the hardware store and get some crimp connectors, cut the harness off my original to wire it up.

The wires and connectors are identical so if you buy a complete fender assembly make sure you get one with the complete harness for the light. If you do so you can probably change it out in less than 15 minutes. Only tools needed are a 10mm socket and hex wrench to fit the fender stays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.