Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indian / Drifter fender for late model Vulcan 900?

27K views 68 replies 13 participants last post by  joeykid 
#1 ·
Found a company willing to make a Drifter fender to bolt right up to late model Vulcan 900's, he just needs a bike to bolt the prototype to in order to ensure it fits. Anyone near Iowa interested in helping? I sure would love to have this fender to fit the wife's 900.

#11 ·
by that i assume its not a simple bolt on... but from looking at a drifter parked next to my 900 that fender WILL FIT with just the simplest of modifications.....and thats pretty much only in the area of the brake caliper.....harley Flh hardbags and mounts dont fit a vn900.... neither does a fairing for a honda vtx 1800......BUT if you look at my pic and sig you will see i have both those on my 900 !!!!

#7 ·
I'm leaving after dark to head up for tomorrow, unless I just can't get a nap in now. I'll try and get some pictures of it as he is doing it and after he's done.

#10 ·
Please keep me posted. Thanks.

kp

#13 ·
Here are 3 of the pictures I took from the fender work.

As you can see it now fits, what needs to be known also is there will still be some fitting to get it on your bike. They still have to finish getting it ready to make the mold. So when you get it the sides will be smooth. You will still need to cut out for the caliper and it will also have the cover for it too.

#15 ·
I did some checking today, and the lower fork tubes are the same as the 800 Drifter. So, I'm not sure why the fender would not fit as it comes from him. Just a little research and wondering.

#16 ·
Hey Forge1097, is that your 900? How did it all end? Did you take home a set for your bike? Will those fit my '09 900 Classic?

Feenxx, is your bike green? Please post some pics. Thanks.

kp

#17 ·
Yes, that is my bike. They still have to finish that fender and then make the mold, to produce. It will be at least a few weeks before they get it to the mold stage. They only have the front fender to make, no rears. It will fit the 900 Classics.

Yep, my bike is the Green and Gold( well Kawasaki calls it Titanium) but it sure looks gold to me. Those are mostly the pictures I have at this time.

#18 ·
So, are you going to get a free fender for letting them use it to make the mold?

#20 ·
Great Idea

But they would not paint the fender, would they? Painting the bike would cost you a pretty penny, especially if you want something fancy. Are you pretty artistic to come up with a neat color scheme? That fender would surely look very nice on my bike too.:) Would you change the rear?

#21 ·
No, they don't paint the fender. It comes in white gel-coat. Yes, it would be a bit expensive to paint the whole thing.

I've got an idea for a white base and green flames. But I've got to figure out a way to see how it would look before I spend all the money.

#22 ·
Update?

Any update on the fender? How did it turn out?:confused:

#24 ·
Still Waiting

Thanks for the info. I will wait to see the updates.
:)

#26 ·
Great

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks.

#27 ·
Waiting for pics too!
I love the Drifter look.

#28 ·
Gary called me on Thursday and said he was shipping mine out. Once I get it, I'll see about getting it mounted and pictures, then I'll get it back off and painted.

#29 ·
Is this only the front or the rear also? Now it just needs whitewalls.

#31 ·
Just spoke with Gary about MY fender, seems he's waiting on Mike to send the cutout. MIKE, would you PLEASE take care of this? My wife is wanting HER fender. As you well know, when momma ain't happy, NObody is happy.
Gary said he's making the rear fender now for both the 800 and 1500 Drifter, but it won't fit the Vulcan 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.