Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

risers or bars?

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  bloodninja 
#1 ·
Vulcan 2000 CLT riders, can anyone offer their experience with and suggestion concerning risers and/or handlebars? For my body size I only need 2-3" rise and 2" pullback to get the neck and back relief I need to ride. I have a 2008 Vulcan 2000 CLT that has been great ride. I’d like to make it just a bit more relaxing during those long rides. I appreciate any feedback from fellow riders. Thanks, Old Bagger.

#4 · (Edited)
Risers are the Quik n dirty way to get up n bak. Stok bars are fugly honkers. Cheap risers are hunerd bux so are cheap 1" bars. So cost are same. Lest you get some NICE fatty Inch.Quarter hefty bars and lace yor wires in em. Then you get the good stuff. Looks, fit, feel, comfy. Gonna set you bak 2 C notes. poncho

Attachments

#6 ·
The bars are perfect for me. The seat is what I hate. It's awful. :( JJ
jj, maybe you should consider a SEAT RISER for your seat? take the stock seat off and put a layer of soft foam cushion under it and then reinstall the seat on top of this new floaty foam.. or just spend the dough and get a better one?

#10 ·
I went the Phat11 risers as well ,and the Mustang seat. But something was still not right, it was the bars, couldn't get them right for me. I had my 900 sitting beside it and I like the bars on that so I thought "why not" I put the 900 bars on the 2000 and they fit perfectly and the 900 now has 2000 bars and will be great for whoever buys it.
The 900 bars on the 2000 worked out great for me and the bike is now perfect. I think they look better as well. Suits the style of bike better.

#17 ·
Speaking of swapping out handlebars, I recently bought a used 2004 Vulcan 2000 and the previous owner did a ton of custom work to it. Being that I'm only familiar with sport bikes prior to my Vulcan, it appears to me as if the previous owner swapped out the VN2000 handlebars. They don't look like the ones in the stock photos online...
Did he put on VN900 handlebars?

I'm 6 feet tall, but I still have to lean forward a moderate amount for these bars. If I wanted risers, would I get them for the VN900 if that's the bars he used?

Again, sorry, this is my first cruiser and I'm not used to all this part swapping.

Sorry if this pic isn't great. I can try to get another one tomorrow.

#11 ·
Got any pictures for comparison?

#13 ·
wow, I can't see the difference at all... If they ride better, that's all that matters.

#15 ·
Maybe I said that wrong. The first 2 are before and the last 2 are after.
They are quite different in shape, I guess photos are hard to tell sometimes.
The wrist angle is why I like the 900 bars, it just suits me better.

#16 ·
You are in my height range. I might have to give these a try.

Maybe I said that wrong. The first 2 are before and the last 2 are after.
They are quite different in shape, I guess photos are hard to tell sometimes.
The wrist angle is why I like the 900 bars, it just suits me better.
I know what you're saying. I think the pictures don't do it justice. If it works for you, then that's all that matters. I don't have an extra set of 900 bars.

#18 ·
You would probably still have to lean forward a bit even with risers on those bars.
They do look like 900 custom bars, they are definitely not stock 2000 bars. You could just get some straight risers/spacers but that would only take them up higher and back a fraction. If you go different handlebars you would need Phat11 risers or similar that clear the speedo housing on full lock, a lot of risers hit the speedo housing on the 2000s.

#21 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help, guys. Here's an album of pictures of the Nacelle area for reference.
http://imgur.com/a/L52fn

Anything you can tell me about what I have and/or what my options are is totally welcome :) The position is not uncomfortable per se; I was just expecting a little more of a relaxed position. Certainly not as uncomfortable as my previous sportbike lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.