Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hi from Calgary

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  bones569 
#1 ·
Saying hi from Calgary. I have a 2010 vn2000 and love it. I put 6000mi on it this year after getting it in March. Biggest trip was over logans pass in Montana in sept. Looking forward to spring big time. :)

#4 ·
Lol.......yeh, it took this long to figure out I needed to post here first befor I could in the other topics. What do you do,lol. I will for sure get some pictures up.............as the old saying goes.......this thread is useless with out pics!

#6 ·
Welcome to the forums! Great members and advice to be found here!

Ride safe and ride on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#9 ·
haha! I LOOOVE the stored for the winter one!

O man, I wish my wife would let me bring MY bike into the house.

I'm going to have to show her that one!

"See! Look! Other guys bring THEIR bikes into the house!"

(Great scenery in the other pics also btw).

#10 ·
since i will be out in alberta for the winter this year i may store my bike the same way !!!

#14 ·
Front room view

I showed my wife the pics and gave here a "come hither" look..... Nope, not happening. I can't even store mine in the garage at home anymore, apparently, that is where minivans are supposed to park:eek: I have mine in the office at my shop now, some tricky manouvering for sure to get 3 in there, 4 if you count my motorized beer cooler (nicknamed Harley):D

#17 ·
Interesting...my wife asked whether we could fit her '94 545 Virago in my office :rolleyes: since it won't fit through the door to our house across the patio...fortunately, a well-made cover seems to work in place of our lack of garage space...

But if sanity departs me again and we wind up moving (for the LAST TIME :eek:) the new place must have space for at least one car/van and two or three motorcycles/scooters...

But...back to work...temps are rising and in a couple of hours it should reach the mid-70s -- and takin' the Streak on a lunch appointment with a client...let him eat his heart out :D

#23 ·
Welcome to forums,

hehe last time I stored a bike in the house burned up the tile doing a tune up :eek:

#24 ·
My worst trouble came from using the kitchen oven to bake cylinders and heads off a '46 Knucklehead Harley...replaced valve guides in the heads, then sprayed heads and cylinders with wrinkle-black paint....

The parts came out looking killer...particularly after sanding the cooling-fin edges and finishing them off with a clear coat so they'd stay shiny...

It DID cost me kitchen access for a month -- but took only two weeks for the oven to stop smelling like hot Harley parts :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.