Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Bike, New Member

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Mudflap 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, we added a new 2010 Vulcan 1700 Classic to the "fleet" today. Got a great deal on it I think, $7500~ otd with 0 miles on the odo, it was a left over -- couldn't resist.

I haven't ridden it yet, but supposed to be 50+ degrees tomorrow and sunny, so I'll try and loop it around a town a few times at least before snow starts flying again! Looking forward to snooping around the forum. :)

So as not to post a useless thread without pics, here are some quick and dirty ones:

See less See more
#2 ·
Oddly enough we don't have a lot of 1700 classics around here. Mostly folks riding the various other VN1700 variations!

Welcome! Good to see ya! Enjoy the bike!

Oh, by the way, nice 5-0! I had an 85 5.0 Cougar, that is a sweet sweet motor. I'm sure the new incarnation is even better...

#4 ·
Pretty, looks just Luke mine did when i picked it up in July! And i still think it looked better as a naked bike. But the windshield, lowers, and sissy bar keep the wife happy! And the cup holders, bar risers, rear floorboards, etc...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I also prefer the naked look of the bike now, but we intend to take long rides so I already have some bags on the way, and I'll need some sort of windscreen. I have had bad luck in the past with buffeting and windshields, so I am thinking about trying the Memphis Shades batwing along with the 12" windshield that has the airfoil "lip" on it. I don't particularly care for the batwing look, but comfort would be more important than style on a longer ride, and it does have a quick detach I think...

As far as the other bikes pictured, one is a 2007 V-Star 650 that was the wife's first bike, that will be sold in the Spring when prices are at their peak for beginner machines. The other bike is a 2012 Suzuki C50T Boulevard, the wife's new bike. Here is a pic of that , the red Honda Shadow was my first bike, and that was just sold. I love that C50, it is such a pleasure to ride, very easy to control at any speed. She is quite happy with it so far.

Looking forward to reading a bunch of threads here!

#15 ·
Well I managed to sneak an 18 mile ride today since it was sunny and clear (and about 50 degrees). I like it, very smooth power delivery and its very easy to ride in general. Now to get on to adding various bits. :) If winter hell breaks loose now, at least I can say I've ridden it. Having a NEW bike sitting there for a while totally un-ridden would have been tough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.