Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Stock air intake VS Caddmann Mod

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  KahWahSahKey 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI. I put on Cobra longshot pipes (with torque cones at the headers) & did the Caddmann mod to the right side only. I also did the air temp sensor/resistor mod. I do NOT have a power commander.

I assume if I go back to the stock intake I should remove the resistor, yes?

Before I do this, what I'm wondering is if I will gain or lose anything by going back to the stock setup for the air intake. Quite frankly, I'm kind of tired of the sound of the bike sucking in air when I hit the throttle.

#5 ·
I did the resistor mod to deal with the fuel mixture & based on the appearance of the spark plugs I'm not running lean.

What I want to know is if I go back to stock should I undo the resistor mod?

Since I don't have a power commander it seems I have nothing to lose by going back to stock, right?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G, but not while riding!

#8 ·
One last question on this...memory is failing me. I have the dog bowl for the right side, but I don't have a filter anywhere. I know this is going to sound foolish, but I honestly can't remember...is there a filter on the right side too, or only on the left?

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.