VN1500a v. VN1500c ???? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1500

Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
PatC
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk N View Post
For now We're just surmisin on possibles aint We,,,
Indeed we are. Keep us posted don how it works out. I'm really curious as to whether it is a fairly simple swap out. I do know the 1500C has a 55cm longer wheelbase than the 1500A, but I don't know if that's in the frame or the rake of the forks or both.

light bar, 2" risers,
Isogrips, Fatbar crashbars,
offset hiway pegs, tank bib,
passenger floorboards,
new brake pedal, throttle lock,
Cobra Lowboy Shotgun pipes,
Baron's Big Air relocated right side,
tombstone tail light,forkbag,
detachable hard leather bags,
alarm, power port, clock,
and a cool cupholder
PatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Luk N

Soon as I "git 'er dun", chucklin, I'll post pics of the Before & After, and a couple of Durin the swap.
I feel that armed with A.) the Want To, B.) the Research(while Waitin), C.) the Fact that I cant ride it in present condition,,, It'll go fairly smooth, (If Not quick), I'm a wee bit soft in the electrical, But I've: downloaded, printed, and saved Sooooooooo many PDF and Hand drawn ele. diagrams; from aquaintances around the states that I'll be Up and runnin in short time...
Luk N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
PatC
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I'm a wee bit soft in the electrical,
What does your wife think of this?
light bar, 2" risers,
passenger floorboards,
and a cool cupholder
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
Luk N

Well,, she Never lets Me mess round with her electrical stuff, you know her Bobs, Battery operated boyfriends..

However she Never complained When I used My God given tool, My plumbin rotorooter, My depth finder, or My enterior circum`france caliper!
But I ran her Off when she balked at My versions of her Bobs, My sawzall equipt for plumbin probing ~chucklin
Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Luk N

I ment to get back on this sooner, But,, anyways My engine, off a 1500C, arrived, I placed it side by side with the 2 off My 1500A,, "Identicule" down to the Head Displacement, Case Lght/Wdth, Carb placement, motor mounts, and including far as I can see,, every nut, bolt, and screw! I reckon its gonna be a easy swap after all!
Pics, before & after, to come soon,,weather permittin.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
PatC
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I ment to get back on this sooner, But,, anyways My engine, off a 1500C, arrived, I placed it side by side with the 2 off My 1500A,, "Identicule" down to the Head Displacement, Case Lght/Wdth, Carb placement, motor mounts, and including far as I can see,, every nut, bolt, and screw! I reckon its gonna be a easy swap after all!
Pics, before & after, to come soon,,weather permittin.

That is awesome news!
light bar, 2" risers,
passenger floorboards,
and a cool cupholder
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #17
Del

Quote:
Thanks pat, the mechanics at 2 diff kaw shops, 1 dealership, 1 private, here in the DFW metro seem to thank that I have a fair swap here outsida minute diff,s e.g.. possible exhaust configure on 1 jug(rear), a few wiring clips/ connections, and possible motor mount config,s, anythang needin fabricatin thats Me,, they're sayin there's No real Differences w/build spec,s of the 2 yrs engines, I'll really Know more Monday when the shipper drops off the 1500C. For now We're just surmisin on possibles aint We,,,
The older Vulcan 88 1500s had quite a bit more jam than the later single carb ones. It's a shame they weren't coupled to a 5 speed transmission. My old 96 would blow away my 02 classic
. The 96 vn88 was much more fun to ride, just didn't look as classy as the classic and the brakes were a bit slow.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Luk N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
The older Vulcan 88 1500s had quite a bit more jam than the later single carb ones. It's a shame they weren't coupled to a 5 speed transmission. My old 96 would blow away my 02 classic
. The 96 vn88 was much more fun to ride, just didn't look as classy as the classic and the brakes were a bit slow.
Ayup absolutly Del, on that power/speed with the single v. dual carbs;
I work around the brake thangy, I swap aftermarket ceramic,s front and rear for the Kaw recommended pads(seems to slow em a tad better)and add a fat piece of gasket stock for squealer backin, as for the Later models(classics) *Lookin* better, wait til I get the before and after pics uploaded, Only thang I've Yet to find a wider Front rim for My 88, one Of the several *modifications* I'm engaged in with this bike. This is My 3rd Vulcan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ride em Til they're ready(have to Be)to be retired *Grnz
Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Del

Default VN 88 mod

Quote:
Ayup absolutly Del, on that power/speed with the single v. dual carbs;
I work around the brake thangy, I swap aftermarket ceramic,s front and rear for the Kaw recommended pads(seems to slow em a tad better)and add a fat piece of gasket stock for squealer backin, as for the Later models(classics) *Lookin* better, wait til I get the before and after pics uploaded, Only thang I've Yet to find a wider Front rim for My 88, one Of the several *modifications* I'm engaged in with this bike. This is My 3rd Vulcan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ride em Til they're ready(have to Be)to be retired *Grnz
I'm lookin forward to see what you've done. I like the fat front tire idea, it's one of the things I liked better about the classic. I wonder what a classic fat front fender would look like on the 88. Maybe a whole classic fork/fender/fat tire swap out? Would be cool to be able to computer generate it to actually see if it would look good before going through all the work. Has anyone out there ever seen it done?
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #20
Ken Means

Garage

A "C"engine will not fit in a "A" model frame as you are anticipating. The A model cases are about 1/2" narrower than the "C" cases. In order to put a 5speed "C" case in a A model frame you have to cut the frame and widen it in the middle between the mounts as on guy has already done in the Majo Pages of VROC. You can read more at their site. I have not known of anyone to go the opposite way, and loose the 5 speed trans for a four speed.
Ken Means is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement