Who own's other bikes? Let's hear from you? - Page 15 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Other Motorcycles

Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #141
Hurc

My Girls...

New ride.. an 05 1600 A3 with what seems like a lot of Nomad add ons.. not sure though.. still learning these things, LOL Bags are getting painted.

on the selling block :-( 93 zx11D with multi mods ;-)

my other FI baby ;-) an 05

I sure love riding these things.. it just makes the stresses of everyday life just seem unimportant for the brief time that the wind is whipping past. Love it!!
Hurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #142
fbnewell

For the last three years, I've been riding a '97 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit, and just bought a '07 Vulcan 500 for the wife. Last Christmas, bought a '03 Honda XR80R and two '04 Honda CRF100F's for the kids (14 and 12) to learn on. Plan on throwing one kid each on the backs of the Vulcan and Spirit for some short jaunts as a family.

Here's the Shadow:
Harley Dyna mufflers [64941-07]
Biker's Friend medium round bag
sissy bar / luggage rack [brand unknown]
'97 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit (his)
Biker's Friend large round bag
shop-made luggage rack w/ 1.7-gal aux. fuel tank
Kuryakyn grips
VistaCruise
Memphis Shades ruby Hellcat windshield
fbnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #143
JBacklund

We currently have five motorcycles, 2008 GL1800, Wife's 2008 Hayabusa, 2002 Triumph Bonneville, my recently acquired 2006 Vulcan 2000, and my 2007 Kawasaki ZX14.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #144
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacklund View Post
We currently have five motorcycles, 2008 GL1800, Wife's 2008 Hayabusa, 2002 Triumph Bonneville, my recently acquired 2006 Vulcan 2000, and my 2007 Kawasaki ZX14.

WOW and an airplane!!
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #145
JBacklund

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Rider View Post
WOW and an airplane!!
Believe it or not, my wife built that RC DC-3 (long before we were married) in the late 1980's when we lived in New Hope, Minnesota, a northern suburb of Mineapolis. She's threatened to throw it out several times but I won't allow it, and have plans to refinish it at some point and possibly use it as an interesting promotional item for the electric guitars that I designed and are being built by a company in Chattanooga, TN.

It's never had the engines or any other flight systems installed, and has therefore never been flown (and never will be flown)....which is, no doubt, why it's still intact today. It was built from a long discontinued Royal kit, and has an 83 inch wingspan. She literally built it on the living room floor of her apartment. It's primarily constructed of balsa and some hardwoods, built up with bulkheads and stringers, then entirely 'planked' with balsa sheeting and then covered with a layer of hand-applied fiberglass cloth.

I can't remember exactly, but I believe the real plane it is modeled after is Dutch registered, and unfortunately, sometime in the 1990's, crashed, killing all on board.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the actual aircraft's history and unfortunate fate...the reading is a bit choppy because of the translation from Dutch to English....

http://translate.google.com/translat...40%26bih%3D725

By now, you're probably sorry that you even mentioned the plane, aren't you?

Last edited by JBacklund; 12-06-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #146
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
In addition to my wife having an 800a also, we have a Yamaha Venture Royale'. 1300cc, 105hp on the ground! Basically its a VMax with fairing and a stereo
And now there is another addition to our fleet, if this keeps up I'm going to need another 24x24 building to house my stuff.

Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement