Something Darksiders Don't Want To Acknowledge - Page 17 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #161
ridgeman06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
Yea,me too,and anyone who has louder than stock pipes is a douchbag !

JJ
I believe the correct spelling is douchebag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #162
Jammin'John
Top Contributor

I stand corrected:

The term "douchebag" generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him.
He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness.
He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.

He often talks about how cool, successful, and popular he is, yet never catches on to the fact that he comes across as a total loser.
Nevertheless, he firmly believes that he is the smartest, most desirable, and most charming person in the room... and will try to bad-rep anyone who would threaten to expose this facade.

He fancies himself a ladies’ man, yet tends to be a joke to all but the most naive of women.
He tries to portray himself as part of the in-crowd (a fashionista, an upwardly mobile professional, the life of the party, etc.) but only succeeds in his own mind.

To everyone else, he is an annoying and arrogant phony who comes across as a wannabe overcompensating for his insecurities.
He tries to appear like the center of whatever group will tolerate him, but in reality, he is just a tag-along who mooches drinks, women, contacts, social standing, and other benefits from the group... while contributing nothing.

JJ

NOT a member of an organized religion
Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #163
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
I stand corrected:

The term "douchebag" generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him.
He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness.
He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.

He often talks about how cool, successful, and popular he is, yet never catches on to the fact that he comes across as a total loser.
Nevertheless, he firmly believes that he is the smartest, most desirable, and most charming person in the room... and will try to bad-rep anyone who would threaten to expose this facade.

He fancies himself a ladies’ man, yet tends to be a joke to all but the most naive of women.
He tries to portray himself as part of the in-crowd (a fashionista, an upwardly mobile professional, the life of the party, etc.) but only succeeds in his own mind.

To everyone else, he is an annoying and arrogant phony who comes across as a wannabe overcompensating for his insecurities.
He tries to appear like the center of whatever group will tolerate him, but in reality, he is just a tag-along who mooches drinks, women, contacts, social standing, and other benefits from the group... while contributing nothing.

JJ
They contribute hours of entertainment at their expense by being the butt of all jokes and doing the things no one else wants to, because if they don't they will not be "Part of the Group" any more.

D'Bag friends are not totally useless.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #164
george james

Oh no..............going on 3 hrs since last post.....don't tell me it's over I still got popcorn.
BORNWILD where are you??????=--
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #165
AlanM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba in TX View Post
That's it... loud pipes.... I hate loud pipes....
Loud pipes are the scurge of the world.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #166
silverspurs

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornWild View Post
This is from the Rubber Manufactures Association (RMA):

The recently revised bulletin cautions against installing passenger tires on motorcycle rims. It explains that motorcycle tires and corresponding motorcycle rims are designed with a bead seat diameter and flange contour that are different than passenger car tires/rims, therefore any attempt to mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim may cause inflation pressure loss or the beads to break with explosive force. The result could be serious injury or death.
“Not every tire is meant for any rim,” said Charles Cannon, RMA president and CEO. “Caution needs to be taken to ensure motorcycle tires are mounted on motorcycle rims only,” he continued.

http://www.rma.org/newsroom/release.cfm?ID=321

Ahhh Jeeeeez!!... not more of this crap!! Do you missionaries of disaster ever get tired of your own drivel!!?? don't you realize that you are an irresponsible idiot for riding a Motorcycle at all!! your mother told you this! but you wouldn't listen and now your going to die!... and you deserve it for being so irresponsible and riding a motorcycle!

Why did your waste your and our time by posting this drivel?? what did you hope to accomplish?? to convert all darksiders??
Go to a church and do your preaching there from now on... we don't need your preachin' here.

You see, my experience of riding 40,000+ miles on two cruisers with CT's on them has shown me that for this type of MC, this tire is superior in some ways to a MC tire... smoother ride, better traction in loose material like gravel and sand on the road, better traction on wet roads and the confidence of knowing that I can take a 12000 mile trip without having to find stealerships twice during that trip to change tires... all of this has convinced me that for this bike, for my needs, this is the tire to use... so look for converts somewhere else!!

by the way, I won't be using a CT for my new bike, it's not a heavy cruiser and I don't believe it would be suitable for it... darkside isn't for everything... just heavy cruisers... you see, unlike you, I'm NOT on a crusade!... I just want the best tire for the intended use of the Motorcycle I'm riding at the time... I actually base my decisions on what works... not on drivel from folks who don't even have experience in what they are Preaching about...

now go ride your bike and leave us alone!!

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #167
silverspurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
Your missing one big point. Those vehicles are modified with parts made for said vehicle. Now if they had like a lawnmower wheel on it, then you can make that comparison.
yeah right... my CT made that lady turn right in front of me... your being ridiculous... if I cause the wreck, I'm at fault, if the dumb cager cuts me off, then it's their fault... running a CT isn't going to change that... now if I act like an idiot and run into somebody cause I can't ride a bike or I drive off the road cause I'm driving too fast or rubber necking at the scenery... then YES!! the insurance company might question what tire I was on... but that didn't cause the crash, my speeding, inattention or ineptitude caused the crash... not the tire. I'm at fault, period

by the way, your claim that that all darksiders do this because of cost is insulting and dumb... I copy from a previous post:

"You see, my experience of riding 40,000+ miles on two cruisers with CT's on them has shown me that for this type of MC, this tire is superior in some ways to a MC tire... smoother ride, better traction in loose material like gravel and sand on the road, better traction on wet roads and the confidence of knowing that I can take a 12000 mile trip without having to find stealerships twice during that trip to change tires... all of this has convinced me that for this bike, for my needs, this is the tire to use... so look for converts somewhere else!!

by the way, I won't be using a CT for my new bike, it's not a heavy cruiser and I don't believe it would be suitable for it... darkside isn't for everything... just heavy cruisers... you see, unlike you, I'm NOT on a crusade!... I just want the best tire for the intended use of the Motorcycle I'm riding at the time... I actually base my decisions on what works... not on drivel from folks who don't even have experience in what they are Preaching about..."

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #168
hank43

Quote:
I have put rear tires on the front when I could not get a front tire. They work too.

OMG... another conspiracy.

Hank43...

Yes there is a CT conversion for the front of the 1800 Goldwing. Spendy...

(Bet some in here have never seen one of those with a CT on the front)

Your MC tire will work fine on the front. Have you driven a trike yet? They do not handle anywhere near like a two wheel scoot. The front tire will only wear out dead center of the tread. And I found that they wear out a little faster.

You might even think about changing the rake to improve steering if it's needed. I have not seen a Voyager trike so I don't know how hard it is to turn. A trike normally is a bear to turn unless your are going slow. As in hard turn. Thats why I liked the Voyager brand wheel kit. It would let you lean some in the turns even though it was opposite the turn. Which takes getting used to.
Bubba:
Yes I have ridden a trike, as well as currently owning a Voyager trike conversion kit. I am replacing the Voyager kit with a Champion Trike kit, with 5.7 degrees of rake.
The Voyager kit is for sale, just one yr. old. Fits Honda GW and some models of HD. I will also have a bunch of 2009 Kawasaki Voyager parts for sale if anyone is interested. These come off when the Champion IRS system goes on, so I don't need them anymore.

hank
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #169
Bubba in TX
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Silverspurs....

Good to see ya again... where ya been?

Hank43..... let us know whats available....... I liked the Voyager kit. I was fortunate enough to pick it up made for my Venture brand new still in the shipping box for 800 bucks... used it about three years. I LOVED riding in the snow with it... I actually got it so the wife would not be stranded again if I had another heart attack while on the road so she could drive the Venture... I gave it to another rider with a Venture that had similar problems.

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"
Running
DARK SIDE

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

U.S.A.F. Retired
Nye Co. Motor Officer Retired

Last edited by Bubba in TX; 01-03-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #170
silverspurs

Quote:
Silverspurs....

Good to see ya again... where ya been?

Hank43..... let us know whats available....... I liked the Voyager kit. I was fortunate enough to pick it up made for my Venture brand new still in the shipping box for 800 bucks... used it about three years. I LOVED riding in the snow with it... I actually got it so the wife would not be stranded again if I had another heart attack while on the road so she could drive the Venture... I gave it to another rider with a Venture that had similar problems.
Well, now that I've sold my Nomad and replaced it with a Dual Sport... I'm laying low... (yeah right!) but I just get fired up when these ministers of disaster preach their doom... soooo boring!...

ride safe Bubba!

09 1700 Nomad
09 KLR 685
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread