Two Voyager Questions - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
crobo_us
Premium Member

Default Two Voyager Questions

Good morning all, I have two questions regarding my 2012 Voyager if you please!
1. Am in the market for a new phone. Presently use a DROID and am thinking about the I-phone. Can the I-Phone connect to the Voyager with my presentl I-pod connection?? Additionally, if so, can I listen to Pandora as well as songs downloaded to I-phone. Can I hear gps?
2. Want to add longhorn highway pegs. Do I buy the 1 1/4" or the 1 1/2" to mount to engine guard.
Any help would be appreciated and I really value this forum.
Chuck
crobo_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
davemc

I use my iPhone to play my iTunes collection through the voyager stereo. I use the Kawasaki adapter and it works just fine. In fact, that is one of the reasons I went with the iPhone. When you connect your iphone to the adapter and then select "aux" on the bike stereo, the itunes collection is automatically queued. I have not tried to see if I can listen to pandora. That might require some kind of Bluetooth connection (?) since it is coming through the phone (vs being stored on the phone). I don't know about hearing a GPS either. I hope this helps somewhat.
2009 Vulcan Voyager, Wolo Bad Boy air horn, Kuryakyn ISO grips with contoured throttle boss, Kuryakyn Adjustable Floorboard Cruise Peg mounts with pegs, Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust, K&N air filter, temperature dipstick, saddlebag rails, Superbright trunk light flasher.
davemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
tjhfwtx

My "iPod connector cable" just arrived at the dealer yesterday. My iphone 5 in its otterbox case would not fit in the ridiculously small slot in the foam provided. Furthermore, since the KAW connector is the 30 pin, and the ip5 uses the new 8 pin, I had to get that adapter from Apple. I chose to get the short cable version of the pin adapter, which is like 6 or 9 inches long. However, once I got everything connected, turned the key to "ACC", turned on the KAW sound system, and then used the handlebar controls to change modes, my ip5 DID show up as an "aux" source on the KAW system. I have NOT yet tried to use the KAW handlebar controls to manage the ip5 while it is streaming bluetooth to my Sena, but will try to do that this weekend if it warms up. Hope all that helps!
tjhfwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
AzCruizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhfwtx View Post
My "iPod connector cable" just arrived at the dealer yesterday. My iphone 5 in its otterbox case would not fit in the ridiculously small slot in the foam provided. Furthermore, since the KAW connector is the 30 pin, and the ip5 uses the new 8 pin, I had to get that adapter from Apple. I chose to get the short cable version of the pin adapter, which is like 6 or 9 inches long. However, once I got everything connected, turned the key to "ACC", turned on the KAW sound system, and then used the handlebar controls to change modes, my ip5 DID show up as an "aux" source on the KAW system. I have NOT yet tried to use the KAW handlebar controls to manage the ip5 while it is streaming bluetooth to my Sena, but will try to do that this weekend if it warms up. Hope all that helps!
Just so you know, the "ridiculously small" foam insert was never designed to accomidate an iPhone, especially in an Otter Box. It was designed for the iPod, period. Obviously with the iPod adapter connection cable from Kawasaki its possible to use an iPhone to listen to music. Just be ready to modify the foam insert, or not use it at all....
2011 Vaquero-sold
AzCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

I have the Longhorns myself and I can tell you they have to be 1 1/4. Have you got a place already picked out to get them from?

2009 Vulcan Voyager ABS/ my "Blue Goose"
BIG 3 = PCV w/ Ign/Cobra Slip-ons/Thunder Air Kit
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs"
Air Hawk2 seat cusion/Remote Control for house
National Cycle Fender Tips//Utopia Back Rest
Gorilla Alarm/Strebel Air Horn/14 in. Dark Shield
Kaw Rear Speakers/Galfer Break Pads
Garmin GPS, RAM mounted on break reservoir
Chrome Mug Holder/Extra Chrome/Wrapped Pipes
Flags and Mounts from "Rumbling Pride"
Dunlop SP5000 Car Tire /AMSOIL & Filter
davidsheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
crobo_us
Premium Member

No I have not picked a place yet. Last time I looked they were on Amazon for like $113? Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobo_us View Post
No I have not picked a place yet. Last time I looked they were on Amazon for like $113? Any suggestions?
Wow are you sure at that price that you're getting all the pieces?
Phat has theirs going for $135.
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...1_1_p/4575.htm

If 113 gets you everything and free shipping, get it before they change their minds. I think I paid 165 but they just came out.

Last edited by davidsheek; 01-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
crobo_us
Premium Member

Thank you for the tip. Yes I was wondering the same thing as I have seen them for $165 also. If the Amazon thing is not right I will get them from the place you mentioned. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
almsy
Premium Member

crobo:

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ku...i-p-18788.html

If Amazon is not complete, check here $116.05 and free shipping, works great, that's what I use.

Edit: upon closer examination, it looks like the 1 1/4" clamp size require an additional $10.36 for some reason.. for a total of $126.41... and the free shipping applies to orders over $150..
sorry for not reading the small print closer. Still an option especially if you can add another $24 to it.

2011 Voyager
K&N air filter, Cobra PowerPro Tuner, drilled stock exhaust
RACNRAY throttle mod, full Ipod/comm setup
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs
Mustang seat
22,000 miles and climbing

Last edited by almsy; 01-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
almsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Geese, that's a great price. And they are so worth it.