Something Darksiders Don't Want To Acknowledge - Page 12 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #111
1st One

Too all you Dark siders I am sure that the majority of you have done your home work did lots of research and development as I will call it, drove carefully until you felt that a car tire was a good replacement for a motor cycle tire, some of which lasted for a minimum of 7,000 kilometres and then had the same flat profile as a car tire. So Just do it.

PS What is a good tire to put on a 2009 Voyager 1700 I also pull a cargo trailer behind my bike Not supposed to do that either, but it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #112
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st One View Post

PS What is a good tire to put on a 2009 Voyager 1700 I also pull a cargo trailer behind my bike Not supposed to do that either, but it works
I like my Metzlers

Bob

For more info go to www.bestoil4you.com or Toll Free 1-877-356-6099 EMAIL: AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #113
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st One View Post
Too all you Dark siders I am sure that the majority of you have done your home work did lots of research and development as I will call it, drove carefully until you felt that a car tire was a good replacement for a motor cycle tire, some of which lasted for a minimum of 7,000 kilometres and then had the same flat profile as a car tire. So Just do it.

Well on my 09 VV, I'm running a Dunlop SP 5000 (195/60.16). I'm very happy with it but it's the only car tire I have experence with. There is a Yokohama of the same size that I want to try next because of a thicker tread. Anyway this tire has about 5000 miles on it and looks new. Be glad to help with any other questions.

2009 Vulcan Voyager ABS/ my "Blue Goose"
BIG 3 = PCV w/ Ign/Cobra Slip-ons/Thunder Air Kit
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs"
Air Hawk2 seat cusion/Remote Control for house
National Cycle Fender Tips//Utopia Back Rest
Gorilla Alarm/Strebel Air Horn/14 in. Dark Shield
Kaw Rear Speakers/Galfer Break Pads
Garmin GPS, RAM mounted on break reservoir
Chrome Mug Holder/Extra Chrome/Wrapped Pipes
Flags and Mounts from "Rumbling Pride"
Dunlop SP5000 Car Tire /AMSOIL & Filter
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #114
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoil Dealer Group View Post
I like my Metzlers

Bob
Well that's great Bob, I'm happy for you.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
Einstein
Lifetime Premium

Garage

You know I'm not going to jump in the middle of this, been there done that and my butt has healed
So maybe we change the topic to something less reactive like banning firearms

Sorry please do not do that
<SOLD> 2004 BobRR
VROC #9925
Dinosaur R/G #128
Phoenix, AZ
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #116
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Damn, BornWild has gotten 12 pages out of his first post. (so far)
Impressive

Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #117
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoil Dealer Group View Post
I think you better read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act just a wee bit better. The products MUST meet OEM Specifications!

Bob
Bob,
You need to read the Act a LOT better!

In section 2302 subsection c.
(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission.

No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if -

(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and

(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

That means either the manufacturer has to provide the service or part for free, or prove that the aftermarket part or service CAUSED the warranted item to not funtion properly.

If I use cooking oil in my engine, it WILL NOT void the warranty on my radio.
If I load too much weight in my bags, it WILL NOT void the warranty on my paint.

If a darksider has a warranty repair; according to the MMWA; Kawasaki will have to prove that the item could not function properly because of the tire, or they are in violation of the law.

Scott

All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #118
davidsheek
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_in_TX View Post
Bob,
You need to read the Act a LOT better!

That means either the manufacturer has to provide the service or part for free, or prove that the aftermarket part or service CAUSED the warranted item to not funtion properly.

If I use cooking oil in my engine, it WILL NOT void the warranty on my radio.
If I load too much weight in my bags, it WILL NOT void the warranty on my paint.

If a darksider has a warranty repair; according to the MMWA; Kawasaki will have to prove that the item could not function properly because of the tire, or they are in violation of the law.

Scott
I had the last two warrenty repairs done at the Kawasaki dealer with my car tire on. They said nothing of course.

Last edited by davidsheek; 01-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #119
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

NOBODY said it voids the entire warranty... The waranty is void on the effected area if a substandard part is used, not to a totally unrelated area such as paint.

Such as, if there was a blow-out and damage was caused to say the fender, there is NO warranty by anybody if it was a car tire. Not even replacement of the tire.

Bob

For more info go to www.bestoil4you.com or Toll Free 1-877-356-6099 EMAIL: AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #120
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

Also part of the M-M Act.... Being in business Since 1972, I have used the M-M Act of 1976 for many years to keep my customers covered and have even fought OEM's and won... I know pretty well what you can, and can't, get away with

If the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs.

Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread