Cold Weather in Houston? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Default Cold Weather in Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Listen to you folks down south complaining about not riding for a day

It's been down in the 20's, snowing, and the roads are covered in salt. Ugh! I feel ya. Can't wait to get out on her again.

In South Texas...as in south of Houston...it's NOT suppose to be cold! Well, this morning it was COLD!. It's in the middle 30's.

I know...I know..some of yall who read this are like zero degrees and your balls have climbed up looking for a warm place to hide (snicker)...but you expect that living up there (you are stuuuupid!).

Here on the Gulf, I should be able to ride my motorcycle every day (without getting frost bite)...I should be able to go jet skiing and/or scuba diving every weekend (without putting on an artic wetsuit).

So, I have a fireplace at home, a "real" wood burning thingy. I'm thinking about building a fire in it. But I'm scratching my head; how the hell do these things work? You know? Come on...Can you say "Houston! We have a problem!"...

I thought fireplaces existed just so I would have someplace to hang the kids Christmas stockings! I'm calling my dad. He can tell me how to work this thing-a-ma-bob.

I'm cooold!

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
old

Garage

When I was living in Dallas (many years ago), one winter it snowed 4 inches, got down to 20 degrees F, and we could not keep our house warm. They told me not to come to work for about 3 days. Whew!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
rick
Top Contributor

Garage

When my dad and I moved from Ohio to Texas many years ago, it was 65 degrees when we left Ohio, arrived in Texas 2 days later, got a motel room for the night and woke up to 6" of snow! Left dec 12, arrived dec 14.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
ikillbugs
Top Contributor

Garage

I feel your pain, smedlin. This pic was taken Christmas day. It'll be tomorrow before I can ride it to work without the risk of ice patches.

Riding in the cold is not a big deal. Layered clothing, a good pair of gloves, FF helmet, FroggToggs rain gear to keep the wind at bay, FreezeOut undergear and you're good to go. Riding on snow & ice... no thanks.

I have a photographic memory... but sometimes I run out of film

Last edited by ikillbugs; 12-27-2012 at 04:10 AM.
ikillbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
knightrider

Its been 30 degree highs here in Kansas I havent rode any bike in the last 2 weeks. I need to move lol

Sent from my M865 using Motorcycle.com Free App
knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement