Christmas, "bike" tires, & Riding... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

View Poll Results: Who makes your favorite Vulcan 900 tires that you have fallen in love with?
Michelin 4 15.38%
Pirelli 5 19.23%
Metzelar 12 46.15%
Dunlap 0 0%
Kenda 0 0%
Avon 3 11.54%
Other 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Vandy

Garage
Default Christmas, "bike" tires, & Riding...

Merry Christmas to all. In this new year I will be getting some new tires for the 86' 900 classic. They will be the first replacements on my ride. I have researched many tires and am undecided as of yet what brand and type to go with. I know a lot of you in the Vulcan world have had many sets of tires and have favorites. I this new year, if Santa was bringing you a set of "motorcycle" (not car ) tires under the tree for your Vulcan, what would you want there when you wake up? Let us know why as well. Happy Christmas and happy riding.
But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic

Last edited by Vandy; 12-25-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
reddyford
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
Merry Christmas to all. In this new year I will be getting some new tires for the 86' 900 classic. They will be the first replacements on my ride. I have researched many tires and am undecided as of yet what brand and type to go with. I know a lot of you in the Vulcan world have had many sets of tires and have favorites. I this new year, if Santa was bringing you a set of "motorcycle" (not car ) tires under the tree what would you want there when you wake up? Let us know why as well. Happy Christmas and happy riding.
Not sure they made a 900 Classic in 86. They did make the 1986 Kawasaki ZL900 cruiser, or the ZL900 Eliminator, or Tom Cats' GPZ 900R in Top Gun.

Just goofin...Merry Christmas

Last edited by reddyford; 12-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.
reddyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Have Metzeler's on the LT, and I just picked up a new Metzeler Tourance for the rear of my VStrom.

'09 650 VStrom
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
mopar44

Default Best Tire

Hi, Been riding over 40 years.Have run almost all available brands.Own 08 900LT with over 70K miles.I bought it new mid july 08.The last set were my first michelins for this bike.Bought on Ebay $247.00 shipping included.They are Commander II 130/90-16 front,170/80-15 rear.The rear is wider than metzler or dunlop 180/70-15.IMHO there is none better.I ride long and sometimes hard.Dunlop best 6500 miles on rear.Metzler 8500.MICHELIN 13500.Handleing,ride,grip with michelin is supperior.The metzler is a great tire but harder sidewall.The dunlop is a good tire but gives up grip early in its life.Try them.Do not forget to keep your pressures up no matter what brand you run.Have fun Bill
mopar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
Vandy

Garage

Good info Bill. We have mountainous curvy roads in VA and I run my moto nearly all year round, including 20-30 degree weather. Are these Michelin's up to the task as cold tires and road conditions permit? Are other brands better for grip in the cold?
But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Vandy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strompilot View Post
Have Metzeler's on the LT, and I just picked up a new Metzeler Tourance for the rear of my VStrom.
I will look into the Tourance tires, front and rear. Are any particular Metzler tires head and shoulders above the rest?

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
philnadlol

Garage
Thumbs up

Metzeler Marathon is the top for custom bikes.

Merry Xmas for all bikers and family

Last edited by philnadlol; 12-26-2012 at 08:01 AM.
philnadlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Cruiserone

Yepp the Metzeler Marathon are my choice, too.

I might consider the Michelin next time - but expensive here in downunder.....

Cheers
Cruiserone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement