luggage rack & saddle bag guards - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 12-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
golfnutt
Premium Member

Default luggage rack & saddle bag guards

Forgive me people, I have been scouring this forum but only looked through first 45 pages or so and got sleepy. Does anyone know where to find a luggage rack and saddle bag guards (top and side) that match? Seen some guards I like but did'nt see a rack and vise versa. Got a '12 VV ABS about 3 weeks ago. BTW, I appreciate everyone here. Great forum. Thanks. Troy
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Bubba in TX
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Got my luggage rack off ebay for 30 bucks. Identical to the Yamaha rack for the venture without the logo... Like the one I had on my Venture... I had bag rails on the Venture, saved the bags more than once at the grocery store.. Not so much anywhere else. Don't do you any good if it falls over, and can actually cause more damage if/when they collapse. But if they weren't so expensive from Kawi I would have them too.

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

U.S.A.F. Retired
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired

Bubba in TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
golfnutt
Premium Member

Bubba, the cheapest rack I've seen on ebay is $150 Cobra. Probably being too specific with the search parameters. Did'nt know the Venture rack would fit. BTW do you miss yours? (Yamaha) I kinda do but everyone thinks the Voyager is better looking.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
golfnutt
Premium Member

Bubba, you're right. Went back to ebay and just searched for motorcycle luggage rack and there are a ton of them for $30. But, it looks like the same picture for all different brands of bikes. Curvature of the trunk concerns me. Did you have to do any grinding on the feet?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
Bubba in TX
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Yes some grinding but I had to do some grinding on the yamaha rack for the Venture too. Loved the Venture and was going to get another one. But they only had the new butt ugly blue and black one. And it was over 5k more than what I gave for my 2002. And since 1999 the only thing they changed was the size of the carbs and kept the Vmax valve springs in the engine in 2002 (my year) other than that, all they have done in all those years is change color and raise the price.

So I thought I would try someone else again... I have a garage full of Yamaha's.... time to go with another brand. If you always get the same brand how are you going to find out if other brands are any good. Scoots are just like cars... none of them are perfect. There are just some brand/models I wont buy. HD is one. I rode those things 20 years.... they are OK.... just do not want one. Too bad they still don't make the Cushman Eagles.... now that was a "ride".... especially if you had the 35 HP engine in it with two speed clutch and tank shifter.....

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

U.S.A.F. Retired
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired

Bubba in TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #6
golfnutt
Premium Member

I had the '10 black with flame pin striping. When I found out it was totaled, I started looking for another one, but couldn't find one I liked. Forgot to mention I am almost 6'5" and 275 lbs. Venture fit me very well. Just got around 700 miles on the Voyager and it's growing on me. I have a GW also and don't like the way I sit, but love the smoothness. The Voyager is almost exactly between the two. Just a little smaller than the Venture, but handles like the wing.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
twowheeladdict
Top Contributor

Garage

I have the Kawasaki Saddlebag top rails on the voyager and had put the Kawasaki Saddlebag side rails on the '09 Nomad. Quality items.

I have the showchrome luggage rack on the trunk, but i would only recommend it for those with the tall passenger backrest. I have to keep up with polishing it to keep the weld joints from rusting. That is one thing I have noticed about aftermarket chrome vs Kawasaki chrome. The Kawasaki has always been higher quality from what I have observed.

see my garage for list of accessories
twowheeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
golfnutt
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I have the Kawasaki Saddlebag top rails on the voyager and had put the Kawasaki Saddlebag side rails on the '09 Nomad. Quality items.

I have the showchrome luggage rack on the trunk, but i would only recommend it for those with the tall passenger backrest. I have to keep up with polishing it to keep the weld joints from rusting. That is one thing I have noticed about aftermarket chrome vs Kawasaki chrome. The Kawasaki has always been higher quality from what I have observed.
Thanks for the input addict. I definitely plan on ordering the saddle bag top and side rails from Kawi. Still not sure which luggage rack. Thought I might find all matching. But since Kawi doesn't offer a luggage rack....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement