What do you like the most about your 800? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 800

Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Phil in Maine

Garage
Default What do you like the most about your 800?

Since most of us cant ride at this point and the 800 forum is a little slow. What do you like the most about your 800?

For me, its my 2nd bike and I love that I could find a really nice bike for such a reasonable amount of money, parts are very available and its fairly easy to work on. Also it seems the ergonomics were well done.

Though I am sure its not a great thing to do on a regular basis, flying up and bounching off the rev limiter in 2nd gear is certainly a cheap thrill. It certainly reminds you that the bike is certainly not a Sportster! And that the 800 loves to rev.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Bear2123
Top Contributor

Loved to dress it up and then ride it. It's comfortable and plenty powerful.
Bear2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
74rider

Default Like?

That's a good one. This is my 12th bike (2nd 800a) and I think it has all I want in a bike, so here goes.
1) Great styling and sound.
2) Dependable
3) Customizable
4) Light and easy to handle going slow or fast, and easy to back up in a parking lot
5) Affordable
6) Easy to work on
7) Gas mileage
8) Can go long or short

All my previous bikes had things I liked but this is the only one that, to me, has it all.
74rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
rick
Top Contributor

Garage

Big enough to do 700+ miles a day in reasonable comfort, small enough to be easy to handle at low speeds and backing, not the fastest bike out there, but can run away from bigger cruisers in the corners, easy to work on, very dependable. Lots of afftermarket support to make it easy to make your own. My 1st bike, and looking for something bigger, but intend to keep it till it either falls aprta or I do. Guessing I will before it does. LOL!!
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Skuzz

It's my first bike in a very long time, price was right to get reintroduced to riding, however I find that I can't ride any longer than a couple of hours before stopping. Maybe I'm still conditioning myself, if there is such a thing. The bike has good looks, sounds great and easy to work on, I wish it was more comfortable. There are a couple of bike shows coming up, I may look into a new seat.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
yamatospecial

My "duh" cruising bike, '98 classic. Full dresser bagger. Been to Deals Gap and everywhere in between New York also Westward to Yellowstone. My commuter is an '07 two-fitty Ninny and my track bike is an '06 K1200R. The 800B is my go-anywhere, relaxing ride bike.
yamatospecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
griffjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
It's my first bike in a very long time, price was right to get reintroduced to riding, however I find that I can't ride any longer than a couple of hours before stopping. Maybe I'm still conditioning myself, if there is such a thing. The bike has good looks, sounds great and easy to work on, I wish it was more comfortable. There are a couple of bike shows coming up, I may look into a new seat.
Skuzz,

If you invest in a new seat, I'm certain your riding comfort level will dramatically improve. I love my Two-piece Mustang Wide Vintage Wide Touring Saddle and could NEVER got back to the stock seat.

Also, a highway sprocket change will take away much of that high RPM "buzz".

2003 Vulcan® 800 Classic - Pearl Mystic Black
National Cycle Custom Heavy-Duty Windshield
Mustang Two-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Saddle
Volar SissyBar/Backrest - K&N Air Filter
Viking Quarter Circle SaddleBags & SissyBar Bag
Scootworks Sprockets (18/40 - 2.222:1 ratio)
Baron 3" Bullet Tachometer - Engine Guard (black gloss finish)
Michelin COMMANDER II front 130/90-16 73H, rear 140/90-16 77H
EK X-Ring Chain, Deer Warning Whistles & BackOFF® Brake Module
griffjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
chi
Premium Member

Garage

Yes I have the Mustang 2pc wide touring seat and would never go back to stock seat, definitely worth the price tag. Still not sure if I want to go highway sprockets just yet but at my cruising speeds I probably should

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
CWalters04

My first bike is an 800VN. I got it July this year (2012) and am able to ride it still at least once a week (Saturday afternoons). I live in NC and the weather is pretty mild (40s - 50s). Right now I dont have a Windshield or Saddlebags. Looking for a good set of both. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Keep safe and enjoy the ride.

Chris
CWalters04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
chi
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalters04 View Post
My first bike is an 800VN. I got it July this year (2012) and am able to ride it still at least once a week (Saturday afternoons). I live in NC and the weather is pretty mild (40s - 50s). Right now I dont have a Windshield or Saddlebags. Looking for a good set of both. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Keep safe and enjoy the ride.

Chris
As for windshield I never used one and personally don't like the look of most but my 800B had a set of Willie and Max saddlebags that were nice but too small to fit a jacket so I bought me a nice set of Viking Bags and they haven't given me any problems they are a lot thicker, also came with turn signal relocation bracket and mounts to bolt the bags on
chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement