New Bike, New Member - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > New Member Section > New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Old Bear
Lifetime Premium

Welcome from Tennessee!

And I am officially jealous! My kind of garage (in my dreams).
Tennessee 16-A Chapter
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero
Old Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Pilgrim

Welcome..that was a good deal. Do they have any more?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
screwedandtattooed

Welcome to the forum awesome bike and an even better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
Mudflap

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I also prefer the naked look of the bike now, but we intend to take long rides so I already have some bags on the way, and I'll need some sort of windscreen. I have had bad luck in the past with buffeting and windshields, so I am thinking about trying the Memphis Shades batwing along with the 12" windshield that has the airfoil "lip" on it. I don't particularly care for the batwing look, but comfort would be more important than style on a longer ride, and it does have a quick detach I think...

As far as the other bikes pictured, one is a 2007 V-Star 650 that was the wife's first bike, that will be sold in the Spring when prices are at their peak for beginner machines. The other bike is a 2012 Suzuki C50T Boulevard, the wife's new bike. Here is a pic of that , the red Honda Shadow was my first bike, and that was just sold. I love that C50, it is such a pleasure to ride, very easy to control at any speed. She is quite happy with it so far.

Looking forward to reading a bunch of threads here!

Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
Mudflap

Well I managed to sneak an 18 mile ride today since it was sunny and clear (and about 50 degrees). I like it, very smooth power delivery and its very easy to ride in general. Now to get on to adding various bits. If winter hell breaks loose now, at least I can say I've ridden it. Having a NEW bike sitting there for a while totally un-ridden would have been tough!
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement