Realistic pricing for a 2013 classic LT? - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
Blockhead
Top Contributor

Like others have said be patient and look for leftovers or newer used bikes. These next couple months is the best time to buy. A year ago at this time I got a brand new 2011 900 Classic for $6200 (MSRP was $8299) out the door for $7100

I wouldn't pay MSRP for a brand new 2013 bike. Too many good deals are out there.

Good luck in your search
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #22
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorbiker View Post
I guess I should have stated in my opening remarks that I am currently riding a 2006 Vulcan 1500 classic set up basically like an LT...black with whitewalls. I am 69 years old and I want to go to a lighter bike to save the legs and knees. This very well could be my last bike so I want the newest available. I will have to negotiate on my trade with the dealer, or sell it outright.......so I need a realistic starting point on the price I could really buy the bike for. I don't want to beat up the local dealer too bad (I'd like him to stay in business because he is the only one within 40 miles of me).....but I don't want to be taken to the cleaners either.
Wow I hope I will be riding when I am as old as you ,
bikers are hard to find bikes are a dime a dozen

Was at my local Kawasaki Dealer, his left over 2010 LT Zero Miles , started at 7200 with a 450 dollar discount . so 6750 gets a 2010 down here
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #23
seniorbiker

Hi Ernie C,

I ride with a national group called the Retreads (you have to be 40 to join). Alot of the guys ride Goldwings. There is a guy that is a few years older than me that bought a Kawasaki Concours about a year ago. It is not uncommon for him to get out on the superslab on the way home, and punch it up to 100 plus. We are old guys, but we ride, and have fun. As you get older you just have to make some compensations like a lighter bike, etc. Just hang in there. You'll make it.
seniorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #24
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorbiker View Post
Hi Ernie C,

I ride with a national group called the Retreads (you have to be 40 to join). Alot of the guys ride Goldwings. There is a guy that is a few years older than me that bought a Kawasaki Concours about a year ago. It is not uncommon for him to get out on the superslab on the way home, and punch it up to 100 plus. We are old guys, but we ride, and have fun. As you get older you just have to make some compensations like a lighter bike, etc. Just hang in there. You'll make it.
So true!!, I am 55 and stop riding when I was 30 just started again after I had surgery this summer, I ride an 06 900 LT and very happy with it.
I google the Retreads,
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
Gray Ghost
Top Contributor

Senior Biker: My former bike (my 8th) was a Suzuki Cavalcade and with the wife, me and gear, after 55, an injury and some arthritis, it got too heavy for me too. Laid off for eight years and got me a new 2012 900 Classic SE in July. (Wife can't ride anymore.) Paid about $500 more than for the 2011 sitting next to it but figured it would bring a little more when I sold it. Got me some over the ankle Bates boots to support my ankles (old injury had caused it to sprain three different times). They work great. Got some protective gear. Will probably be my last bike. I'm 64 and ride with several guys my age and older.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #26
histguy

Just two weeks ago, I picked up a new 2012 900 Classic (not LT) for $6999, out the door. They were asking $6999 + taxes (13% here in Ontario) but I was able to talk them into eating the tax. Just negotiate and be willing to walk away. Don't fall in love with it, there is always another one. I bought mine 2 hours away from where I live and even with the cost to trailer it home I was ahead over $1500 from the local dealer.

Also, here in Canada they are offering a 2 year factory warranty on all 2012's, instead of the standard 1 year. Not sure if this is the case in the States.

Add on's/Mods:

Memphis Shades Fats 17"
Cobra Short Round Sizzy Bar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Cobra Passenger Floorboards
Tsukayu Strong Leather Hard Bags
Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Communicators
Mustang Vintage Wide Touring Seat w/backrest
Baron's Front and Rear Pulleys
histguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

just remember when it comes time for warranty work that the dealer may remember that you priced from him yet went out of town to buy... and he may treat you accordingly !
Also the classic lt always did come with the 2 yr warranty.
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
histguy

Big Worm,

Yes, this is an important consideration and you should take this seriously. I was facing a situation where we have 2 dealers in town. One had a single 2012 left and the other did not have a single Vulcan, of any flavour, in stock. The one dealer was not willing to negotiate on price (don't blame them!) so I ended up going 2 hours away to a dealer that had 8 of them still in stock.

My warranty work will be done by the dealer that did have any stock. I bought my 2009 Vulcan 500 from them a few years ago and they have been treating me well.

Add on's/Mods:

Memphis Shades Fats 17"
Cobra Short Round Sizzy Bar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Cobra Passenger Floorboards
Tsukayu Strong Leather Hard Bags
Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Communicators
Mustang Vintage Wide Touring Seat w/backrest
Baron's Front and Rear Pulleys
histguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
whiting57
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
It is not uncommon for him to get out on the superslab on the way home, and punch it up to 100 plus
if its a Connie 14, he must not be game to get it out of 2nd gear .... LOL

2009 Classic LT Bagger... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer.

2010 Custom ... Mutazu Luggage, Pirelli 200 Rear, Saddleman Solo Seat, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Batwing Fairing, Cobra FI2000 Power Pro, freedom performance exhaust
whiting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
seniorbiker

It is a Connie 14. He is game, but has an aversion to losing his license (the radar boys have a habit of showing up when and where you least expect them along that stretch). So he tends to give it a quick hit just to get the cobwebs out of the pipes. PS. He never offered to let me give it a try......damn.
seniorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement