what can i sell my 2005 V2K for? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
brijesh600

Default what can i sell my 2005 V2K for?

So my dream bike, BMW K1200R has come up for sale at a delership nearby and i am throwing around the idea of putting the V2K up for sale. Dont get me wrong , i do love my vulcan 2000, but you know there is always that one bike that you have always lusted for and could never afford..

Anyways so my bike is prety much stock, has the windshield, aftermarket exhaust, and the kawi back rest. has a tick over 7400 miles on it, brand new tires (about 600 miles on them) and just changed oil last weekend. What can i expect to sell the bike for?

I know i am going to get a biased response, being on the vulcan forum and all that.. but i figured why not start here!
brijesh600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh600 View Post
So my dream bike, BMW K1200R has come up for sale at a delership nearby and i am throwing around the idea of putting the V2K up for sale. Dont get me wrong , i do love my vulcan 2000, but you know there is always that one bike that you have always lusted for and could never afford..

Anyways so my bike is prety much stock, has the windshield, aftermarket exhaust, and the kawi back rest. has a tick over 7400 miles on it, brand new tires (about 600 miles on them) and just changed oil last weekend. What can i expect to sell the bike for?

I know i am going to get a biased response, being on the vulcan forum and all that.. but i figured why not start here!
You said STOCK so without seeing it and selecting other options on KBB the Trade-In starting point is $4365 and Retail is $6335.

I'd like to get my hands on a Triumph Rocket III.

Last edited by Comanche; 12-12-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
brijesh600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
You said STOCK so without seeing it and selecting other options on KBB the Trade-In starting point is $4365 and Retail is $6335.

I'd like to get my hands on a Triumph Rocket III.
Agreed! I just assume that no one pays for any bells and whistles you put on a bike when you sell it. (almost better off returning bike to stock before selling, is what i am told!) I did look up kbb just after i posted the ad, i guess that is a good yard stick to go by from pricing stand point. But realsitically the price is what buyers are willng to pay for it.. and i might be partial but with kawaski not making this bike anymore and seeling that there arent too many of these up for sale in the tri state vicnity.. i was hoping to get a little more than what KBB quotes
brijesh600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

6k is probably about correct for totally stock.

Look at ebay for other V2K for sale, and compare them to yours for price justification.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
dogg

in october I bought a 2005 vn2000classic with saddle bags, cobra exhaust and windshield with 3980 miles on it for $5800

Yesterday I bought a 2008 vn2000clasic with big nasty pipes and windshield with 9000 miles on it for $6200.

So depending on whether you sell outright or go through a dealer probably looking at starting $5 something to $6 something depending on condition.

Anyone looking for some cobra speedster slash cuts or big nasties I am going to have some for sale!
dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
UscgMac

I dont see a big response for people wanting to buy these, discontinued or not, we have them sitting around bike shops collecting dust. reasonably priced new leftovers for well under 10k. Tried selling my 08 classic Lt. Asked 7000.00 and not a single phone call in three weeks. 25k mi. I will probably have to drop it down to 6200, to 6400 to get rid of it if im lucky. I think I just might keep it for my daily driver and keep my other bike as my weekend bike.
UscgMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
Jammin'John
Top Contributor

No resale on these bikes.
Better off riding it.

JJ

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Silencer69

Garage

Unfortunately, I have to agree. After the huge interest at its inception, our big dogs just turned out to be too much bike for most folks. The resell on them just sucks. Gonna have mine forever. lol
Silencer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer69 View Post
Unfortunately, I have to agree. After the huge interest at its inception, our big dogs just turned out to be too much bike for most folks. The resell on them just sucks. Gonna have mine forever. lol
That just means we can pick up a spare one or two for pennies on the dollar

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
Jammin'John
Top Contributor

Imagine if you bought one for the $16K that some dealers are still asking ?
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...C-LT-109074333
I got hurt bad enough buying an '09 with 23k on it for $7,300 + 650 shipping + 900 repair.
$8850 before tax.
I would be lucky to get $7K out of it.

JJ

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement