Where do you mount your smartphone? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Motorcycle Safety And Riding Gear Discussions

Old 12-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Tahdi

Default Where do you mount your smartphone?

Where do you folks mount your smartphone on a vulcan? I am trying to decide between a tank bag with a window on top (if used as GPS), or a handlebar mount. If possible, give your opinions on items and model information. thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Comanche

Garage

I don't mount anything to my bike that takes away from paying attention to the road or causes me to take both hands off the bars. I have a Galaxy S3 with an app and bluetooth headset that does it all for me via audio instructions so I can leave the phone in the bag or my pocket and I never have to do anything else except pre-program my route before I start out.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Tahdi

Default smartphone

I would guess that the iphone 5 should be capable of that also. I hope. Now it's up to me to figure out how to do it. LOL! Do you recommend any specific bluetooth headset? thanks for the info.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahdi View Post
I would guess that the iphone 5 should be capable of that also. I hope. Now it's up to me to figure out how to do it. LOL! Do you recommend any specific bluetooth headset? thanks for the info.
Yeah Buddy! It does! They recommend the Apple bluetooth headset and earbuds for it.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
whoaru99
Top Contributor

In my pocket or laying in one of the saddlebags.
whoaru99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Ghost

I stick mine in my pocket. But I don't stop to answer it unless somebody calls half a dozen times in a row. Riding time is my, separate from the rest of the world time.
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Back Rest
Fire and Steel Light Bar
Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Kuryakyn Power Point
Back Off XP Brake Light Modulator

08 900 Custom - Traded in!
Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Bear2123
Top Contributor

Not to be smart or anything, but, if we complain about Cagers being distracted while being on the phone, while driving, how do we justify being exempt from also being distracted? My phone says in my pocket on vibrate. If it rings several times in a short period I will stop, take a break and review and return call(s) if needed. JMHO
Bear2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
zig
Lifetime Premium

I've got my ram mount on the handle bar. Think it is called "Ram". Bought it at Bass Pro. 4 little spring loaded spider arms. Was skeptical at first, but had to lay the bike down the other day and it held the phone perfectly. Highly recommended, cost about $50.
I like mine mounted where I can see who's calling in because my Atrix automatically answers if I have my Bluetooth headset on. If it's someone I don't want to talk to I just remain quite and let them listen to the wind until they give up.
zig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
rburton1224

Garage

Mine is in my pocket. The only reason I ever carry it when I am riding for pleasure is so that if the worst case scenario happens the authorities can call ICE (In Case of Emergency) and get my wife. Other than that everybody who knows me I will return calls after my riding experience is over.
rburton1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

I don't have a smartphone, I have a stupid one. But I leave mine on my belt holster and linked up with my Scala Rider in my helmet. You can answer/reject/place calls with one button on the helmet and the rest is voice commands. If I am riding to get away I don't sync it but If I am on my way to work I have it on and synced.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement