Auto Tune and O2 Sensor Location - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #41
Rickpay1

had this setup on my suzuki m109r, worked great, going to put this setup on the voyager also...with the autotune you no longer need to get maps made for it, it will do it itself. alot of money yes but worth the investment
Rickpay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #42
ozbluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpay1 View Post
had this setup on my suzuki m109r, worked great, going to put this setup on the voyager also...with the autotune you no longer need to get maps made for it, it will do it itself. alot of money yes but worth the investment
Hi Rickpay,
How did you go about using the autotune to tune your m109r?

Did you use any deliberate procedures or just ride normally and let it do its stuff. Also did you do any smoothing of the trim or fuel table off sets?

We are having more than a little trouble getting the system to work on a 2009 classic 1700.

Thanks in advance.
ozbluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #43
Rickpay1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbluey View Post
Hi Rickpay,
How did you go about using the autotune to tune your m109r?

Did you use any deliberate procedures or just ride normally and let it do its stuff. Also did you do any smoothing of the trim or fuel table off sets?

We are having more than a little trouble getting the system to work on a 2009 classic 1700.

Thanks in advance.
just rode it and every now and then downloaded to computer to update tables. at first ran it for 2 days and updated, then every week for a couple weeks, after that maybe once a month. Mounted the 02 sensor where the pipes came 2 into one, had aftermarket sideburners on it. never had a issue with it, had the bike dynoed twice after installing numbers were always good and stayed the same, biggest improvement was the fuel mixture was fixed as like these the 109's ran lean.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbilotta View Post
Nope, auto tune is still pulling fuel from my map.
Does it run badly, or Autotune just isn't reacting to your expectation?

Do you save the changes Autotune suggests and it just keeps getting leaner and leaner with each application of the changes or are just referencing back to the same base map fuel?
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
wbilotta
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
Does it run badly, or Autotune just isn't reacting to your expectation?

Do you save the changes Autotune suggests and it just keeps getting leaner and leaner with each application of the changes or are just referencing back to the same base map fuel?
After the 2nd/3rd time I accept the suggested fuel trims the bike is running bad. When I roll on the throttle the bike will 'cough' through the BAK and the bike falls flat on its face. It had one of my cells at a -49 which means a 49% reduction in the amount of fuel the stock computer is calling for. That is at the 20%/4000rpm intersection.

The only idea Dynojet has come up with is the mounting location of the O2 sensor. I mounted mine in the same position Kawasaki does on the Euro bikes.

I removed my BAK and reloaded a base map. So far I've only accepted the first fuel trim and now the weather is cold so I'm done for the year. Next spring I'll try and get this worked out.
2010 Voyager 1700 ABS with heated seats, Grasshopper backrest, Kuryakyn highway pegs and an Ipod because the radio reception fades in and out. Also has a gear whine, fuel gauge that fluctuates too much and a pathetic cooling system.

Last edited by wbilotta; 12-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.
wbilotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #46
Rickpay1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbilotta View Post
After the 2nd/3rd time I accept the suggested fuel trims the bike is running bad. When I roll on the throttle the bike will 'cough' through the BAK and the bike falls flat on its face. It had one of my cells at a -49 which means a 49% reduction in the amount of fuel the stock computer is calling for. That is at the 20%/4000rpm intersection.

The only idea Dynojet has come up with is the mounting location of the O2 sensor. I mounted mine in the same position Kawasaki does on the Euro bikes.

I removed my BAK and reloaded a base map. So far I've only accepted the first fuel trim and now the weather is cold so I'm done for the year. Next spring I'll try and get this worked out.
Not sure the location you are describing is so cannot help with that, did you remove the exhaust to install the o2 sensor? If so did you replace the exhaust gaskets and did you check for exhaust leak, friend had a Honda that did just that but he had exhaust leak that caused his issue, if you have not tried it download a map and turn off auto tune and see how it runs then, if it runs ok do the 02 sensor test that shows in the manual, going to buying the auto tune for the voyager end of this month and wii be tackling this then allso
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #47
wbilotta
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpay1 View Post
Not sure the location you are describing is so cannot help with that, did you remove the exhaust to install the o2 sensor? If so did you replace the exhaust gaskets and did you check for exhaust leak, friend had a Honda that did just that but he had exhaust leak that caused his issue, if you have not tried it download a map and turn off auto tune and see how it runs then, if it runs ok do the 02 sensor test that shows in the manual, going to buying the auto tune for the voyager end of this month and wii be tackling this then allso
If you search for pics of the euro version of the voyager you'll see the location I'm referring to. Yes, I did replace the exhaust gaskets.
2010 Voyager 1700 ABS with heated seats, Grasshopper backrest, Kuryakyn highway pegs and an Ipod because the radio reception fades in and out. Also has a gear whine, fuel gauge that fluctuates too much and a pathetic cooling system.
wbilotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement