Brights ON, Brights OFF? - Page 14 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #131
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage

Brights during the day, low at night.
When it is your time nothing will change that
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #132
Al Vulcan

I must admit that If I ran with low beam at night, I'd have to keep my speed at 10 mph to keep from over rideing my light.. I run high beam day, and night,, I was told when getting my bike license ( MSF safty course may-2010) to run high bean day and night.. I ahve logged over 13,000 miles since then and allways use High Beam,, Never been stopped or had any problem or complaints from other drivers,,
Al Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #133
Bill Braske
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Vulcan View Post
I must admit that If I ran with low beam at night, I'd have to keep my speed at 10 mph to keep from over rideing my light..
Somebody should come up with a way to maybe aim the light a little higher so as to cover more ground.

I use lows all the time, except as needed in the dark, mostly on unfamiliar roads.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #134
SummitJim

Low beam day and night, high beam only when no other vehicles around, as it is blindingly bright. My low beam is plenty bright and aimed to show quite a bit of roadway ahead. Not sure if it is the original headlight or not. My previous bike, a Honda Rebel, had a very anemic light and I used high beam always. But I'm fortunate to have a very bright one on my Vulcan.

Patriot Guard Rider
SummitJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #135
DanVero

Default MODULATE, Baby!

(Gets your attention ... Doesn't it?)

Go to; http://www.gadgetjq.com/headlightmodulator.htm

DanVero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #136
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVero View Post

(Gets your attention ... Doesn't it?)

Go to; http://www.gadgetjq.com/headlightmodulator.htm

thats still not as visible as lets say an ambulance or police car with all those flashing lights and sirens blaring..... and people pull out in front of and run into them all the time as well...because they "didnt see them"
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #137
thirt8spl

I run a modulator and love it. Anything I can do to attract attention to me, I'm willing to try. I have noticed that the 'pulls out in fronts' seem to pause as I approach. I lost my childhood bestfriend because someone pulled out in front of him on a two lane rural road. I made a promise to his parents that I would do everything I could to make sure it didn't happen to me.

I can appreciate if anyone doesn't like them but that is the cool thing about bikes - what I like you don't have to...

Ride Safe
thirt8spl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #138
DanVero

Ask anybody that's using a modulator ... They will tell you that you will notice a considerable difference when in use ... MOST people just flat out pay MORE attention and are MORE aware that YOU are THERE! ... Any ONE little thing could SAVE lives.
DanVero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #139
ErnieC
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVero View Post
Ask anybody that's using a modulator ... They will tell you that you will notice a considerable difference when in use ... MOST people just flat out pay MORE attention and are MORE aware that YOU are THERE! ... Any ONE little thing could SAVE lives.
I agree to some of this, but the ones that will see you the most with that light will be the one in front of you. It will have no effect to the one in back of you that just passed you and cut you off. the one that T bones you will be the one that never even seen you pass thru the intersection. So ya instead of waving a hand at the one in your lane in front of you saying hey here I am, No idea why you care if the one in front of you sees you, You should be watch in front of you for brake lights, boo hoo on you if you rear end a car!!

Easy Mods
Crash Bars,Rear Tail Lights in Bags,Cooler bag on Sisy Bar,hand made Bag on Windshield,Wally world Cup Holder,Lower Shields,Gas Tank Bib,Baron Front Pulley

**Bikers are hard to find, Bikes are a Dime a Dozen**

My Second Hobby:
http://www.youtube.com/user/erniechiasson
Here is another Hobby of mine model boats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATi_sSJOvs
ErnieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #140
thirt8spl

<<<< No idea why you care if the one in front of you sees you>>>> I want everyone to see me from all sides! I use other methods to be seen as well, high viz vest, brake light blinker etc. Of course, I am also driving like everyone is trying to kill me. If I can reduce a small percentage of someone not noticing my movement, how it relates to their depth perception and a sense of my speed - I will absolutely utilize it. Like I said in my post - that is the cool thing about bikes - what I like you don't have to...

If you don't agree or don't like it - cool, we're still good. I'll ride up front so they see us... <grin>
thirt8spl is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement