milwaukee leather throttle boots - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
KawaVulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWVA_08V2k View Post
From the Rocky boots that I have owned. They have been comfortable and I would consider using them for "riding boots" but as for working in. (I also used to be a surveyor) I never got a full year out of a pair of Rocky Boots before the soles came loose or the side busted out. But living here in the mountains you walk a lot on the side of hills and put a lot of strain on them.
I can definitely see that happening when walking on a lot of side slopes. I've blown out the side seams on inferior boots while kneeling down to pound stakes in the ground. I've found that triple stitched seams and the less seams the better when it comes to work boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
KawaVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
evodog

now you guys gave my lots option after i went though other lots option already....damn it....so many of them.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
TurcoLoco

Milwaukee boots rock indeed!
I have a pair of their Trooper boots for the last 4 years and one of the most satisfying motorcycle gear purchases I have made!

I wonder if I would get a discount by mentioning them if a State Trooper pulled me over to cite me?
TurcoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #14
evodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Milwaukee boots rock indeed!
I have a pair of their Trooper boots for the last 4 years and one of the most satisfying motorcycle gear purchases I have made!

I wonder if I would get a discount by mentioning them if a State Trooper pulled me over to cite me?
I really dig their throttle boots....great style. lol and i found some great reviews online about how comfertable they are.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #15
Bill Braske
Top Contributor

In my opinion, boots with the thick soles look good, but can get heavy. I've got a pair of Danners like these: http://www.danner.com/boots/striker/...FcaiPAodaVkA4Q that I love. Price is comparable to Wolverines.

I've also got some Dr. Martens that I love http://www.zappos.com/dr-martens-pie...121211132613:s . Feel like I'm wearing Converse Chucks.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
TurcoLoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by evodog View Post
I really dig their throttle boots....great style. lol and i found some great reviews online about how comfertable they are.
Evo, as others mentioned, I ride with the Trooper boots and can also walk short stretches if needed but typically when I get to work, I put on a different pair of shoes as the Throttle/Trooper boots get heavy indeed.
I am a big guy with strong legs but I don't find them suitable for all they walking/standing. Carry another, more suitable pair if possible and change when you get to work.
That is what I do and what I would also suggest.
TurcoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
evodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Evo, as others mentioned, I ride with the Trooper boots and can also walk short stretches if needed but typically when I get to work, I put on a different pair of shoes as the Throttle/Trooper boots get heavy indeed.
I am a big guy with strong legs but I don't find them suitable for all they walking/standing. Carry another, more suitable pair if possible and change when you get to work.
That is what I do and what I would also suggest.
I guess thats a better way, my feet always get sweaty after all day standing around. i just put a pair at work i guess.....easier.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
Gray Ghost
Top Contributor

I managed my retail store and was up and down 10 hours a day, often for hours without sitting down. Then I married a nurse who introduced me to SAS Shoes. Wide round toe box, air holes for breathing, arch support, etc. I rotated two pairs for 16 years. Still have them. Bottoms are almost slick but tops are fine. Are made for people who stand on their feet at work. Worth every penny. Don't look clunky like work boots would when dressed for retail.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
screwedandtattooed

I wear Carolina's at work. Steel toe and steel shank, I'm a linesman so my feet get put through the ringer on a day to day basis up and down ladders and such. I love em my feet do get sore but I have bad feet and they're a heck of a lot better than my old cat's.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement