low end throttle - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
pittdave

Default low end throttle

Is there anything to do to make the 'off the line' torque better on the 1600 classic. Ive done the caddman mod, the resistor mod and de-baffled the stock pipes. Its wonderful, when you are full-on wide open, but I would like some more pull from the start. Does a fuel processor help with that, or pipes??
Or is that just the way the engine is tuned?

PD
pittdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
MJ 21A

De-baffling the stock pipes gets you louder sound but not much air flow, so aftermarket pipes would help and then add a fuel processor to put it all together. With all the changes you are still not going to be that fast off the line, but it does help. On my bike I did it all, and it did run great, nice pull etc., I went back to stock intake with just the K and N air filter replacing the stock one, leaving the V and N pipes (with same stove pipe rope wrapping the baffles), and adjusting the FI2000 for that set-up. This gives me better than stock low end, but on the highway I do not have the louder pipes and intake (air sucking in sound) to deal with.

Help that helped up, mj
2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Laminar lip, Cycle Sound Housing w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, HD chrome fork lowers, Head Light Modulator, Driving fog/spot lights, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, DeBaffled pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake, K&N air filter, FI2000, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
sfair
Top Contributor

Dyno tune.
It eliminates the guesswork and shows your engine current state of tune and whether it needs to be dialed in.
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Thriller E

Belt driven supercharger!! Or turbo charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thriller E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement