Cover me Up! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
V2Celt

Default Cover me Up!

Time to cover big girl-v2k cl lt- even in the garage- for about 1 month.
Cover I got few yrs ago is too small to drape all the way around-homemade lowers[shiney n chromed] and viking bags are the culprits.
What are you guys usin with this set up?
Thanks
V2Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
brijesh600

i would suggest the Neslson Rigg - XL size. heat resistant, so you can put them on even when the pipes are hot and is also reflective to the suns heat. I ride my bike to work everyday and it sits out in the sun in the parking lot, i keep my cover at work, so i can cover the bike up. the cover is also rain proof. I dont have any bags on mine. till a few weeks ago, i had the back rest and the windshield on the bike and the cover had no problem covering all that! I am quite happy with it. It comes with a handy bag with back straps if you ever decide to put the cover away once riding season comes along.
brijesh600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Gray Ghost
Top Contributor

I use a Bike Barn. Got it from a guy who used it inside his garage to store his Harley. Was $400 new and I got it for $200. Mine also in garage but unheated. Bike Barn is extra protection.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Pearhead

Got my cover at a dealership, ( on sale) for $85.00.
XL Guardian by Dowco.
Works great with lowers, luggage rack and armrests

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355282269564.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	14556  
Sharp Curves.
TFI Fuel Contollor.
Custom Lowers.
Custom Luggage Rack.
Windscreen Leaned Back.
Avon Cobra, Front
Darkside:Yokohoma Envigor,205/60
33 Tooth front Pulley
Pearhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Believe it or not, I went to Autozone when I first bought my bike. I had just bought the bike and paid taxes and all that Jazz and thought "I'll just get a cheapie for now, and buy a good one later". Bought a $30, generic "Extra large motorcycle cover". It fits my VN900 (which is actually about the size of a V2K in terms of dimensions, the frames are very similar), along with hard bags, AND a trunk, lowers, and tall windshield just fine. Fits nice and low and snug. I've really been impressed with the quality, it's held up now without any problems for over a year, and I have no reservations about it. Unfortunately I have nowhere to park the bike inside, so it's been out there in snowstorms, thunderstorms, you name it, and held up.

Truly one of those rare 'cheap AND good' combinations.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=318365_0_0_

Comes in a box like that. Picture on the box shows it goofily draped over an electra glide, but it fits over the front and rear wheel even with a big harley tour pak, hard bags and very tall windshield (adjusted all the way up).

-John

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement