Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Mirror Mount Extension

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Lunatic 
#1 ·
So, I got these new mirrors for my Vulcan 1600 Classic. The mirrors are thin and wide, and I'm kind of tall and I can't quite adjust the mirror up enough. Wish I would have thought of that first...

I think what would do the trick is either some sort of an extension or a longer mirror mount.

I'm sure I could cobble something together from Ace Hardware or something that would be functional, but maybe someone has dealt with this in a more aesthetically pleasing manner...

#8 ·
Didn't get a chance to really mess with these things until this morning.

On the plus side, it definitely works as intended. You'll notice the stepped pieces give you height adjustment as you move in and out. I'm not quite sure yet if it's going to be quite enough for me, but it gives me something to work with.

On the minus side, the two stepped pieces are held together with one small screw. Nothing is cheap plastic, it all seems fairly sturdy, but it's the sort of thing I get concerned about flying off. Probably nothing to that concern though.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.