Hello from KY - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > New Member Section > New Member Introductions

Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Devone6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Where in Ky are you?
Just south of you
I live in Privett, KY. In Jackson County, a few miles off US421 north east of Gray Hawk, KY. I used to live in Richmond, Myself and my wife went to EKU, and I am still in Richmond all the time, my daughter lives there and goes to EKU now.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!
Devone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
IL Vaquero

Welcome to the forum 900 are good bikes ride safe
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
kyjohn

Welcome from another Ky rider.
kyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devone6 View Post
Just south of you
I live in Privett, KY. In Jackson County, a few miles off US421 north east of Gray Hawk, KY. I used to live in Richmond, Myself and my wife went to EKU, and I am still in Richmond all the time, my daughter lives there and goes to EKU now.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!
Since moving to Richmond we have been exploring all the side roads off of 421, haven't found that community yet though! I have figured out how to get to Livingston from the top of Big Hill, riding that ridge is really a good ride, have to keep alert though, lots of horses on the road
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Devone6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Since moving to Richmond we have been exploring all the side roads off of 421, haven't found that community yet though! I have figured out how to get to Livingston from the top of Big Hill, riding that ridge is really a good ride, have to keep alert though, lots of horses on the road
From the top of Big Hill you would have to continue on about 20 miles, then turn left by the old high school on HWY 587 to get to my area. I am on the south side of McKee. I know the Ridge you are talking about to Livingston, I've rode that myself many times and you are right, it is a beautiful ride. You can also cut over to Mt Vernon/Renfro Valley on that ride too.

Another ride you may like is 421 south to McKee, then left on 89 north to Irvine, then 52 back to Richmond (right on 89 south in McKee takes you to Livingston). Even better is 421 south past McKee, then HWY 587 north to HWY 1209. There you can turn left and go to Irvine, or right to HWY 399 which comes out on HWY 11 almost in Beatyville, KY. Then you could ride 52 back to Irvine (a must ride if you haven't rode it) or stay on 11 to Natural Bridge. This is an easy day ride, and fantastic scenery.

Red River Gorge, Buck Horn Lake, Laurel Lake, Green River Lake, Herrington Lake and Shaker's Village, Cave Run Lake, up HWY 68 (Paris, KY) to Maysville, KY then back down HWY 62 (Cynthiana, KY), Red Bird Mission School (HWY 66 in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest are just of few of the great day rides you have around you. You probably already know of these, and if so sorry to ramble, but I figured I'd throw some good ride ideas at you just in case.

I have two cousins, plus my best friend who ride with me, we all need to meet up sometime. We cruise, no hurry, and enjoy the day.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
Quiz Kidd

Welcome to the group, Devone6...i grew up across the river from Louisville and spent a lot of my young-adult years riding Derby down to Bowling Green and east of there with a group of riders from the Indiana area right on the Ohio River...

And think the 900 Custom is one of the best of the Vulcan breed...nice size, set up like my '08 Mean Streak, and the sharpest wheel Kaw puts on a Vulcan...

Hoping to get to S. Indiana on the Streak next spring...may have to look you up when a couple of my buddies (still living in the Derby City area) and I haul out our bikes for a long ride...

Enjoy!
Quiz Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
Graywalker

Welcome from Central Mississippi!

Any Day on Two Wheels is Just Better.

Cernunnos protects me, Cerridwyn Inspires me.

Ride for Fun, Have Fun Riding!
_____
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #18
Devone6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiz Kidd View Post
Welcome to the group, Devone6...i grew up across the river from Louisville and spent a lot of my young-adult years riding Derby down to Bowling Green and east of there with a group of riders from the Indiana area right on the Ohio River...

And think the 900 Custom is one of the best of the Vulcan breed...nice size, set up like my '08 Mean Streak, and the sharpest wheel Kaw puts on a Vulcan...

Hoping to get to S. Indiana on the Streak next spring...may have to look you up when a couple of my buddies (still living in the Derby City area) and I haul out our bikes for a long ride...

Enjoy!
I work in Louisville and South IN quite a bit, Sellersburg & Clarksville on up to Scottsburg, IN. I have some friends who ride too around Louisville, KY so if you get over that way send me a message and maybe we will all get together for a ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement